alternative WAP server down?

For the last couple of months, I've been using the WAP server at
194.204.012.042:9201, mainly to access my Yahoo email.

Yesterday and today, all I can get is "Server not responding."

Is this server down, or has someone somehow blocked it from free use on
VZW, or from Yahoo?

Okay, I just tried pinging the server and it responded, as long as I didn't
try to append the port number.

Anybody?

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"At one point, -- I swear this is true -- [Rob and I] got into a bitter
argument about whether people in Minneapolis age at the same rate as people
in Miami." - Dave Barry

Hi,

Just a thought - install teh Opera browser on your PC; it can natively
display wap sites. I use this to check if a WAP site is up or down.
You can then narrow down your problem. Most likely it was your WAP
proxy.

David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message news:<q7s2b0lu4ouf9jsr2e9cadovv70icqche1@4ax.com>...
> For the last couple of months, I've been using the WAP server at
> 194.204.012.042:9201, mainly to access my Yahoo email.
>
> Yesterday and today, all I can get is "Server not responding."
>
> Is this server down, or has someone somehow blocked it from free use on
> VZW, or from Yahoo?
>
> Okay, I just tried pinging the server and it responded, as long as I didn't
> try to append the port number.
>
> Anybody?

> David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
> For the last couple of months, I've been using the WAP server at
> 194.204.012.042:9201, mainly to access my Yahoo email.
>
> Yesterday and today, all I can get is "Server not responding."
>
> Is this server down, or has someone somehow blocked it from free use
> on VZW, or from Yahoo?
>
> Okay, I just tried pinging the server and it responded, as long as I
> didn't try to append the port number.
>
> Anybody?

I went to the server directly without the port number straight with IE
(http://194.204.012.042/) Could the site have been redesigned and that
specific port is no longer correct?

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2hjvguFe1tg9U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> > David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
> > For the last couple of months, I've been using the WAP server at
> > 194.204.012.042:9201, mainly to access my Yahoo email.
> >
> > Yesterday and today, all I can get is "Server not responding."
> >
> > Is this server down, or has someone somehow blocked it from free use
> > on VZW, or from Yahoo?
> >
> > Okay, I just tried pinging the server and it responded, as long as I
> > didn't try to append the port number.
> >
> > Anybody?
>
> I went to the server directly without the port number straight with IE
> (http://194.204.012.042/) Could the site have been redesigned and that
> specific port is no longer correct?

Seems like typical, free WAP flakiness. Works with some pages like
7AM.com WAP news and the DonniC Gateway, but not Yahoo, on the west
coast. I also pay for Verizon WAP. Nice to see something else works,
at least partially, at the same time as a Verizon subscription. Was
wondering about that.

-
David

davidlind@my-deja.com (David L) wrote in message news:<e1705cb3.0405261843.3412a075@posting.google.com>...
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2hjvguFe1tg9U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> > > David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
> > > For the last couple of months, I've been using the WAP server at
> > > 194.204.012.042:9201, mainly to access my Yahoo email.
> > >
> > > Yesterday and today, all I can get is "Server not responding."
> > >
> > > Is this server down, or has someone somehow blocked it from free use
> > > on VZW, or from Yahoo?
> > >
> > > Okay, I just tried pinging the server and it responded, as long as I
> > > didn't try to append the port number.
> > >
> > > Anybody?
> >
> > I went to the server directly without the port number straight with IE
> > (http://194.204.012.042/) Could the site have been redesigned and that
> > specific port is no longer correct?
>

> Seems like typical, free WAP flakiness. Works with some pages like
> 7AM.com WAP news and the DonniC Gateway, but not Yahoo, on the west
> coast. I also pay for Verizon WAP. Nice to see something else works,
> at least partially, at the same time as a Verizon subscription. Was
> wondering about that.
>
> -
> David

Hi,