Sign in with
Your question

World of Warcraft Help Needed Please..

Last response: in Video Games
December 27, 2007 5:37:26 PM

Hello I have been having problems with the World of Warcraft, I keep getting errors, the error Is as follows...

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:006A3C7C

The instruction at "0x006A3C7C" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be "written".

Also I have done a Memtest for 6 hours and It done 12 tests with no Errors so I don't think It Is something with the RAM.

I think It may be a Overheating thing because I done a Speedfan test and the test came out like this...

Fan 1: 2083 RPM

Fan 2: 0 Rpm

Fan 3: 0 RPM

Temp1: 66C (It has a red arrow pointing up)

Temp2: 34C (It has a blue arrow pointing down)

Temp3: 51C (It has a flame symbol)

HD0: 36C (It has a blue arrow pointing down)

If It Is a overheating problem what should I do?.....If It's not a overheating problem what should I do?

One more thing these are my system Specs:

System Model:
ECS P4M800-M7 1.0

Operating System:
Windows XP

Processor:
3.00 Intel Pentium 4

Display:
ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series

More about : world warcraft needed

December 27, 2007 6:38:30 PM

I think you have an overheating problem like you said. I have no idea what temp that is at 66c cause speedfan even states that all mobos are different as far as which temp is which.

Temp 2 is CPU for me, and I have onboard GPU atm till I pick up a 3850 for my new build so I dont really know which is my GPU temp yet.

How is the air flow in your case esspecially for venting hot air away from your GPU and out of the case? You could try opening up your case and run your comp for awile like that to see if it runs better. If you have a small household fan set that up to blow right into the opened side of your case as a test to see if bringing temps down even further helps.

If these tests work and your comp runs better then you need to add more fans or do something to bring down your temps.
December 27, 2007 6:59:59 PM

Have you had similar problems with other games? It may or may not be an overheating problem.
Related resources
December 27, 2007 10:31:17 PM

godsizesnakeyes said:
I think you have an overheating problem like you said. I have no idea what temp that is at 66c cause speedfan even states that all mobos are different as far as which temp is which.

Temp 2 is CPU for me, and I have onboard GPU atm till I pick up a 3850 for my new build so I dont really know which is my GPU temp yet.

How is the air flow in your case esspecially for venting hot air away from your GPU and out of the case? You could try opening up your case and run your comp for awile like that to see if it runs better. If you have a small household fan set that up to blow right into the opened side of your case as a test to see if bringing temps down even further helps.

If these tests work and your comp runs better then you need to add more fans or do something to bring down your temps.
Thanks for the tip but I have already been doing that, when I do the game lasts alot longer(about 20 minutes) but It happens again...Is there away to turn the Tempature down through the BIOs or something?
December 27, 2007 10:33:39 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
Have you had similar problems with other games? It may or may not be an overheating problem.
Yeah It happens with all games, the weird thing Is World of Warcraft Is alot more demanding CPU wise and yet It lasts so much longer than other games.
December 27, 2007 10:37:31 PM

Alex asks a good question. If other games work fine it problay is a WoW related issue then. I noticed the stability of WoW started sucking when 2.3 went live. I played wow on the same comp from release all the way to 2.3 where my comp coulnt handle the game anymore. I always had 20-30 fps then with 2.3 I only got 2-15 fps, and a steady 2-4 in combat. Of course blizzard blamed my comp but lots of people in my guild and on the forums had similar problems.

I knew my system was outdated and I finnaly built a new system but now I will be quiting wow since I can play the lastest game releases.
December 27, 2007 10:38:50 PM

Is your system OCed at all?
December 27, 2007 10:39:57 PM

godsizesnakeyes said:
Is your system OCed at all?
No it's not.
December 27, 2007 10:45:47 PM

Well if games do lasts longer with an open case but still end up crashing after a longer period of time I think it could be heat related but the issue is why is it overheating. With an open case and added airflow you shouldn't overheat without any OC.

I'm not really sure what to do or try next. Hopefully someone with more tech knowledge than me comes accross this thread soon that can be of better assistance.
December 28, 2007 1:09:21 AM

godsizesnakeyes said:
Well if games do lasts longer with an open case but still end up crashing after a longer period of time I think it could be heat related but the issue is why is it overheating. With an open case and added airflow you shouldn't overheat without any OC.

I'm not really sure what to do or try next. Hopefully someone with more tech knowledge than me comes accross this thread soon that can be of better assistance.
I hope so too, thanks for the help.
December 28, 2007 12:51:09 PM

Those temperatures look fine for a CPU. Especially a P4 which was known to run hotter.

What are your system specs?

What PSU? Manufacturer/Wattage/Amperage on 12v rail and so on
What memory? How many sticks? Speed and what not.
What mobo?

Your memory may be heating up and causing this, try running WoW again and open up your computer and touch your ram. If its too hot to touch, its overheating, if you can tolerate it it should be ok. If your memory is getting too hot, you can pick up a memory cooler to blow onto your sticks to cool them off.

Your PSU may be going bad and its not supplying steady power to your system, this may also be creating this error. But as I said, those temperatures, while a little high, are somewhat normal for a P4 CPU. Unless these are idle temps, then they may be high. If they are temps under a full load then they appear somewhat normal. Please specify are your temps idle or load? If your CPU is starting to run hotter, you may want to take off the heatsink and re-apply the thermal grease. Its not a bad idea to do this every few years.
December 28, 2007 1:12:23 PM

deuce271 said:
Those temperatures look fine for a CPU. Especially a P4 which was known to run hotter.

What are your system specs?

What PSU? Manufacturer/Wattage/Amperage on 12v rail and so on
What memory? How many sticks? Speed and what not.
What mobo?

Your memory may be heating up and causing this, try running WoW again and open up your computer and touch your ram. If its too hot to touch, its overheating, if you can tolerate it it should be ok. If your memory is getting too hot, you can pick up a memory cooler to blow onto your sticks to cool them off.

Your PSU may be going bad and its not supplying steady power to your system, this may also be creating this error. But as I said, those temperatures, while a little high, are somewhat normal for a P4 CPU. Unless these are idle temps, then they may be high. If they are temps under a full load then they appear somewhat normal. Please specify are your temps idle or load? If your CPU is starting to run hotter, you may want to take off the heatsink and re-apply the thermal grease. Its not a bad idea to do this every few years.

PSU Manufacturer: COLORS it

PSU Wattage: 400W

PSU Amperage: +3.3V +5V +12V -5V -12V +5VSB
20A 30A 20A 0.5A 0.8A 2.5A

Memory: 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory, Slot 'DIMM0' has 512 MB, Slot 'DIMM1' has 512 MB

Mobo: ECS P4M800-M7 1.0

If there Is anything else let me know please.
December 28, 2007 2:00:11 PM

Quote:

First, did you check the WoW technical/support forums for this specific error? I had a similar issue on an alt computer of mine, but I can't remember the error # (same result - "memory could not be written"). I tried everything (memtest, speedfan, etc.) and even rebuilt the rig with a fresh install of O/S and WoW. It continued to give me the same issue.

Then, I checked the forum for my specific error.

The fix for me was to change the RAM timing from 3.0 to 2.5 in my BIOS. I never would have guessed that would be the solution.
December 28, 2007 5:46:45 PM

biggin_prime said:
Quote:

First, did you check the WoW technical/support forums for this specific error? I had a similar issue on an alt computer of mine, but I can't remember the error # (same result - "memory could not be written"). I tried everything (memtest, speedfan, etc.) and even rebuilt the rig with a fresh install of O/S and WoW. It continued to give me the same issue.

Then, I checked the forum for my specific error.

The fix for me was to change the RAM timing from 3.0 to 2.5 in my BIOS. I never would have guessed that would be the solution.
Ok I will try that...but one question I have went Into my BIOS before but I could not find anything to do with RAM, do you know where about It Is?

December 28, 2007 6:37:30 PM

Usually, the RAM timings are in the same category as the CPU settings (i.e. CPU Configuration, CPU Settings).

You may have to switch from a pre-defined menu to an Advanced Menu option of some sort.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with your Motherboard, so I don't know exactly how to review/look at the BIOS settings.
December 29, 2007 12:15:57 AM

biggin_prime said:
Usually, the RAM timings are in the same category as the CPU settings (i.e. CPU Configuration, CPU Settings).

You may have to switch from a pre-defined menu to an Advanced Menu option of some sort.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with your Motherboard, so I don't know exactly how to review/look at the BIOS settings.
I can't do that, when I turn It down by 0.5 my computer won't let me do anything.I can't do anything my computer just keeps restarting and then saying something like "your computer has shut down because of a recent change in the configuration".

December 31, 2007 5:22:08 PM

That may not be your solution. I think the error #132 is a generic error code and there could be a host of fixes. My particular solution was to tighten the RAM timings from CAS 3.0 to CAS 2.5.

The technical forums were helpful to me, and there is a sticky re: Error #132. It has quite a few replies. I would suggesting reading them to see if people have similar issues. And, the blizz moderater seems to be pretty helpful if you post your error.
July 9, 2008 3:23:22 PM

Ok i Have the same P4M800 Pro7 Mobo 3.6mhz and ATI Radeon X1050 combo.
Here's the scoop on these 2 pieces of hardware.
World of Warcraft is the excellent choice for testing any mobo/video combo and my issues related to Wow.
Note: If you see even the tiniest flash or streak in video you will have serious trouble.

Symptoms: Streaky lines/flashes leading to complete video failure and error messages/or black screen.
Observations: The motherboard resources and the X1050 simply don't like each other,that is to say...
1. On setup of any video drivers ATI(with CCC),or Omega drivers,after restart video is perfect, FPS is great,video quality aok.
Even on a restart (not reboot) video holds perfectly.
but.......
If the computer is rebooted (from shutdown) the problem returns.
If computer is left idle for many hours,problem returns.
I've tested/retested every possible solution with no sucess.
Since i need this card for some 3D projects on the go (pixel 2.0 requirement)i found a simple solution for myself.
I use the Omega drivers for ease of uninstall/re-install and simply add/remove the drivers. At reaching desktop i simply un-install the drivers,restart,install drivers.restart,set video display.
Yes it's a pain in the butt,but it works for now untill i find a decent video card.
Solution: With my 20+ years in computers/35+ years as an electronic tech. there is no viable solution with this hardware combo.
Although an ATI radeon 9550 128mb worked perfectly, the mobo conflicts with the X1050. Simply, find a good card that will work with the P4m800.
!