I.E. - clicking on links

Every time I am on the Internet and click on a link, the
page locks up and I have to hit ctrl,alt,delete to close
the page and then it says "program not responding."
Everything else works fine, I just can't click on a link.
3 answers Last reply
More about clicking links

    You Cannot Open a New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
    After You Click a Link
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281679

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Kay" wrote:

    | Every time I am on the Internet and click on a link, the
    | page locks up and I have to hit ctrl,alt,delete to close
    | the page and then it says "program not responding."
    | Everything else works fine, I just can't click on a link.

    When i click on certain links they do not direct me anywhere. For example, I
    will be at www.comcast.net, and when i select the mail center icon on the top
    it will not do anything further. The same at www.janemag.com, half of the
    links will open and the other half do absolutely nothing. My pop up blocker
    is off, and it also happened when i tried to post a topic on this site. It's
    becoming very frustrating. any help would be appreciated!!!

    "Carousel;" <Carousel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When i click on certain links they do not direct me anywhere. For
    > example, I
    > will be at www.comcast.net, and when i select the mail center icon on the
    > top
    > it will not do anything further. The same at www.janemag.com, half of the
    > links will open and the other half do absolutely nothing. My pop up
    > blocker
    > is off, and it also happened when i tried to post a topic on this site.
    > It's
    > becoming very frustrating. any help would be appreciated!!!

    Try this:

    Open Control Panel | Internet Options | General tab -
    Delete all cookies
    Delete all temporary Internet files
    (include all offline content)
    Click on the Clear History button and click Yes to doing so

    Close out of Control Panel

    Click on Start > Run > cmd (Press Enter)

    - The Command Prompt window opens -

    Type in each of these commands, pressing Enter after each -
    Click OK when each file succeeds -

    cd\
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 msjava.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 browseui.dll
    regsvr32 jscript.dll
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    exit

    Restart computer

    See if the links are working now.

    Please post back to let us know if the issue is resolved or not -

    If you do not have an Anti Spyware program,
    consider installing, updating and scanning with Ad-Aware SE -
    http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm

Microsoft Internet Windows XP