Closed

[Update] Jurassic Park Mod - Crysis

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Crysis
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 29, 2007 4:29:07 AM

Here is a small update to the Jurassic Park Mod for Crysis.

Updated screens of some objects in the mod:

Raptor Pen:

Raptors:

Tour Jeep:

Visitor Center:

New Concept Art:

Note: These are not the final products of the rendered objects, there is still work to be done on them. Also if you can not see the screens plese post if you can't or visit this link - http://www.moddb.com/mods/8320/jurassic-park/images

Summary of the mod:

This Jurassic Park mod is a third party Modification for CryEngine 2, aka Crysis.

We here by declare no involvement or affiliation to Universal City Studios, Amblin Entertainment, or Crytek. All activities relating to Jurassic Park™ and Crysis™ are non profit.

Jurassic Park™ is Copyright © 1993 Universal City Studios, Inc. and Amblin Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Crysis™ is © Crytek Software.

No playable demo will be released without the proper licensing. The purpose of this ModDB profile is just to showcase artistic work through images and video

Since the beginning of time. Man has searched the earth for evidence of its past. But while some have looked for clues to the mystery; One man has found the way to bring the mystery back to life. Here on this private island, science has defied evolution. Genetics has mastered creations, and extinction is a thing of the past. Welcome to Jurassic Park; An adventure 65 million years in the making.

A CryEngine 2 Modification based off of the popular book and film, Jurassic Park.

Also from the dev team and me, we would like to ask you if you are interested in it, to vote for us for the "MOTY" - Mod Of The Year award. We are in the top 100 for the "Best Upcoming Mods" and we would appreciate it greatly if you would support us in reaching our goal. So check out this link so you can vote: http://jurassicparkmod.com/forums/index.php?topic=118.0

Jurassic Park Mod Site - http://jurassicparkmod.com/
The Forums - http://www.jurassicparkmod.com/forums/

Note: The HL2 characters are just for scaling references.

Thank you very much for reading this and stay tuned for more exciting news!

Ok we have an update on the Jeep Wrangler, or Guest Jeep:

And the Visitors' Center Rotunda:

More updates will come at a later date.

Major Update! - Just posted today.

Jeep Wrangler:

Jeep Wrangler Fly Through:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/8320/jurassic-park/videos

Dr. Grant:

Raptor Pen Textured:

More about : update jurassic park mod crysis

December 29, 2007 10:09:17 AM

and we care because......? I can see there is a lot of effort being put into this, but.....
December 29, 2007 12:16:23 PM

Shut up fannyfart shooting dinosaurs would be ace (you are doing dinosaurs right????)
Related resources
December 29, 2007 1:41:50 PM

Yes we are, this is a Jurassic Park mod, so therefore yes dinosaurs will be hunting you donw, or you can hunt them, but at the same time you have objectives to restore power on the island, this mod is survival based, and there is also MP in it as well.
December 29, 2007 3:31:45 PM

I hope it works for you, the only reason I said that was because it was an update, and i hadn't seen the original and it seemed a bit weird soo.....
December 29, 2007 5:22:13 PM

^No problem man, but our mod team likes to keep our fans or just everyone in general up-to-date with our progress, so we will have another update soon.
December 29, 2007 5:29:03 PM

Why Jurassic Park?
December 29, 2007 7:58:09 PM

^You answer this, "why not Jurassic Park?"
December 30, 2007 9:39:58 AM

Fugitmdup said:
Yes we are, this is a Jurassic Park mod, so therefore yes dinosaurs will be hunting you donw, or you can hunt them, but at the same time you have objectives to restore power on the island, this mod is survival based, and there is also MP in it as well.

- SWEET x 1000

ETA to release?
December 30, 2007 1:07:59 PM

^lol, yes it is, the modeler used it as a scale reference, once we have Dr.Grant finished we will use him instead. Also the release date is TBD (To Be Decided)
December 30, 2007 3:41:25 PM

Great job!
I especially like the concept art.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

December 30, 2007 4:57:36 PM

Will there be any Co-op in this mod?
December 30, 2007 9:02:45 PM

No there will not be any co-op in this mod, but we may implement something else, which has to be tested to see if it is worthly enough, and that is that you may be able to play as a raptor in Multiplayer.
December 30, 2007 9:14:42 PM

Looking good, can't wait to see it in action :) 
December 31, 2007 2:40:55 AM

^Thanks for the great comments.
December 31, 2007 8:20:16 AM

Wow that sounds way cool!

I would like to play as T-Rex maybe they could be modeled on the 'Walkers' in Battlefield 2142!! Heh heh!!

Bob

PS Please lets not see TBD turn into KIA!!
December 31, 2007 9:18:06 AM

Thats looks so cool i cant wait to play it!!!

And on the cryengine will make it look so good!
December 31, 2007 10:28:54 AM

looks good.
December 31, 2007 11:09:30 AM

one of the greatest movies ever. Cant wait.

Off topic: any word on JP 4 ?
December 31, 2007 11:29:36 AM

The film was delayed to 2009, because of the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike.

><
December 31, 2007 2:24:32 PM

This mod will hopefully be finished by summer 2008, it is only 10% complete right now.
January 1, 2008 8:24:40 AM

I just love animals, :love:  because I have my own modern day dino myself in my backyard outdoor cage. Please leave the reptiles out of this, their so cute! :D 

By systemlord at 2008-01-01

January 1, 2008 2:05:23 PM

^lol, we have an update that will possibly be released today. Also Happy New Year :) !
January 2, 2008 2:08:52 PM

Those pictures look pretty good. I can't stress enough how much you modders are to be appreciated. Especially with Crysis and everyone wanting more more more...you guys are great.

This original mod seems bang on. Great work!
January 3, 2008 2:29:20 PM

Playing Jurassic Park in Crysis... hubba hubba. What more could one want?
January 3, 2008 3:29:57 PM

That looks cool. will be keeping an eye on this one....
January 3, 2008 6:54:33 PM

this is the perefect game to mod JP for.
January 3, 2008 9:34:27 PM

Fugitmdup said:
^You answer this, "why not Jurassic Park?"

I was seriously addressing why they chose Jurassic Park. Such as, what inspired that choice, what motives, any specific things really. I was just generally curious about why they decided on Jurassic Park and not some other theme. Although I like the Jurassic Park theme, I'm wondering why that of all the possible themes was used by the developers.
January 3, 2008 9:46:32 PM

Because shooting Dinos is going to be so cool.
January 3, 2008 10:03:19 PM

And the fact that there is a big ass island with crysis graphics to do this on.....
January 4, 2008 1:07:11 AM

justinmcg67 said:
I was seriously addressing why they chose Jurassic Park. Such as, what inspired that choice, what motives, any specific things really. I was just generally curious about why they decided on Jurassic Park and not some other theme. Although I like the Jurassic Park theme, I'm wondering why that of all the possible themes was used by the developers.

I know what you ment, lol.

Anyways there is an update but I will only be able to put it up tomorrow because right now I am busy.
January 4, 2008 3:24:03 AM

Sounds good. I wonder what other themes they brain stormed. And what drew the conclusion to Jurassic Park. Hmmm...
January 4, 2008 3:55:28 AM

maybe after this game(Trespasser) they said better give anyone who want Jurassic Park a good game to play :) 

And yes i have this game somewhere...
January 4, 2008 2:16:48 PM

^I don't even think what is happening in that screenshot was possible in the game, I think they just put the raptor model on that vehicle and took a screenshot before it fell off lol.

Anyways New Years Update!

Raptor Cage:

Dr. Grants Head:

Ingen Helicopter:

Tour Vehicle (Ford Explorer):

Remember these are all still WIP.
January 4, 2008 4:13:26 PM

Awesome, I'd love to see this.

Hope the dino's will exhibit a correct AI too. (hunting, ambush, infighting)
January 4, 2008 4:30:48 PM

^^Nope, the raptors will be tap dancing on a T-Rex's head while you play a the Jurassic Park theme music in the Jeep :p 
January 4, 2008 4:57:26 PM

^lol, we will try our best to make them behave like in the movie, for example raptors will hunt in packs, herbivors will eat in groups etc.
January 4, 2008 7:25:49 PM

That is so **** awesome, cant w8!!!
January 4, 2008 8:02:46 PM

Thanks, and hopefully another update will come today.
January 4, 2008 10:56:55 PM

I rememeber Tresspasser. It was a right arm simulator.

Prediction: The sucess or failure of your mod will depend very much on how well your dinosaurs move. That's animation and AI scripting.

If anything fails, it won't be your models. Your models look very good though.

I don't believe in rating or voting anything I haven't played all the way through, but I wish you the best of luck.
January 5, 2008 1:10:15 AM

Thank you very much, and when you say rating/voting I take it your talking about the "MOTY" thing, it ended January 2, 2008, so thanks and we hope to do good.
January 5, 2008 4:54:25 PM

Hey this looks cool!

Quote:
we will try our best to make them behave like in the movie, for example raptors will hunt in packs, herbivors will eat in groups etc.

Also make it where you can blow them apart! And run em over with tanks and such!
January 5, 2008 6:07:15 PM

^I don't think that would happen, especially the part with blowing the dinos apart, I heard it is illegal to make modifications like that since Crytek is in Germany etc.
January 5, 2008 11:56:35 PM

What are you going to do musicwise? I mean, most people, I'm sure, would love to hear the Jurassic Park theme playing when they first load up the mod, but I doubt you'll get the permission to use it. If you do need musicians to make music for you, I'd be more than happy to do a cover of that song, plus some original instrumentals.
January 9, 2008 9:40:42 PM

Not to sure on the music situation but I will try to get an answer.

Finally got a chance to get on to update you guys, sorry for the wait:

New Years Update Continued!

Spas 12 Shotgun:

Agusta A109A - InGen Corp. Helicopter

Like always stay tuned for more updates coming soon!
January 10, 2008 8:34:08 AM

jonisginger said:
Shut up fannyfart shooting dinosaurs would be ace (you are doing dinosaurs right????)

Love this post lol. your right it would be ace.
January 10, 2008 8:37:10 AM

Fugitmdup said:
This mod will hopefully be finished by summer 2008, it is only 10% complete right now.

That might be a little optimistic maybe? the team doing the mechwarrior mod for crysis said it would be done like a year after crysis was released. I'll try both when they come out though.
January 11, 2008 1:19:06 AM

^Well we do not have the SDK yet which sucks so the release date is still TBD.
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!