PS Move Precise Enough to Control StarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]The real news here is that there is a possibility of using the Move on a PC.[/citation]
Yea that caught my eye, seems interesting if they sell it as a controller for PC or someone hacks it to be usable on PC :)

G

Precision is one thing. Response time is completely different.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
what on earth is the little color bulb at the end of the primary controller for? I thought it was just a photoshopped effect on the print ads that was meant to convey like "fun". but then i saw an actual picture of one in use and they're like bulbs! are they just meant for identification purposes?

arhodes

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Am I the only one who is confused by the fact that this looks like a light bulb on a stick?

That was the first think I noticed. Does the light have any purpose?

Also, I think using the Move on a PC would be really neat, just not for SC.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Never mind about my previous post. The bulb is used by the PS eye to help track its motion and location. it's a wonder what a little googling will get you :D

alyon

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
I could see something like this on the pc being cool for indie games and art.... but for any other gaming it would just be a huge frustrating hindrance.

Uhm... Why would Sony do that with the Move when they haven't done it with the PS controllers in years? At least, I don't know any official support from them like the X-Box controller has from M$. The Wii mote has more support so far :p

Cheers!

EntropyMu

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
The light is probably to aid the camera in tracking. I bet it is needed for high precision in tracking location, especially on the towards/away axis.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Matt314[/nom]Am I the only one who is confused by the fact that this looks like a light bulb on a stick?[/citation] It's jose jalapeno
on a stick.

Foxer57

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Even if you have steady hands, it will be really hard. Besides, I played Starcraft 64 on the N64 once and it was REALLY hard to get anything accomplished.

seraphimcaduto

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
From someone who always got a chuckle out of the "can it play crysis" comments, actually getting to say can it play starcraft 2 is hilarious. On a serious note without some hardcore fighting/shooting/realistic sports games, this add-on is going to be useless...so come on new star wars game, take what the wii did and make it better.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
since last e3, ive been slowly convinced that MOVE will be better then NATAL... i was laughing at sony's presentation last year, but at least the lag can be under control

[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]The real news here is that there is a possibility of using the Move on a PC.[/citation]

i believe there is a motion control device called sixense being released for PC

http://sixense.com/

the best part is since it's wired... 0 lag

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Well is Starcraft ever happens on PS3 Sony would definitely try to negotiate a way of making Stracraft work with the lightbulb-stick only, instead of going with the more traditional mouse and keyboard combo. I mean really, Sony can really push boundaries if they put full keyboard+mouse as standard requirements for game developers.

tearlach2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]Uhm... Why would Sony do that with the Move when they haven't done it with the PS controllers in years? At least, I don't know any official support from them like the X-Box controller has from M$. The Wii mote has more support so far Cheers![/citation]
what are you talking about man, the dualshock3 does too work as a controller, I use it to play all mame and zsnes games. A little searching will find the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.