Asus A7N8X or Chaintech 7NJS Zenith?

sirrion

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
Has anyone ever heard anything bad about Chaintech? (i know its not out yet, or is it?) but im thinking of getting the 7NJS Zenith, price isnt a issue (I expect it to be a above average priced board, being all the materials you get with it, but it has alot of nice features, it did fairly well against the Asus A7N8X, has anyone had any "issues" with the asus board?

also for Ive been reading that DDR333 is faster/better for a athlon 2800+ (being they only run at 333) than the DDR400/434 chips? so im thinking about getting corsair PC2700 (DDR333) 2, 512mb chips, another question is about memory, has anyone seen any benchmarks compared to corsair vs OCZ memory? id like to see some results on those...

any comments/suggestions on which board/memory to get?
-Sirrion

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
The only major difference between Chaintech against Asus is the on board sound. Chaintech doesn't include the SoundStorm feature while there is a slight unfavourable in Asus BIOS e.g. no USB boot up setting.

Plug & Play? How about Plug & Pray!

sirrion

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
so then basically, theres no performance gain from the chaintech board compared to the asus board? I basically want to get the best of the best board, thats out right now (i know it will happen a week after i get my mobo/proc/ram but i dont want to really be outdated as fast as normally would happen...

also i plan on getting a athlonxp 2800+ and 2 512 chips of Corsair PC2700 DDR 333 memory (being i heard DDR333 is "better" (more performance) when using a 333fsb proc, compared to ddr400...

any suggestions on ram? anyone heard if corsair is better than OCZ? or OCZ better than Corsair?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The boards are so close I'd pick the Asus board for its better audio features.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

1080jibber

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
I had the same dilemma, but I chose the asus board with corsair ddr400 256 x2. It has better sound, even though it doesn't have all the extra goodies like the front usb ports, or rounded ide cables, and you can get the asus for a little better price, becuase I only found two vendors on pricewatch selling the Zenith.

Jsf

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Buy the A7N8X. It's the fastest nForce2 mobo and Chaintech 7NJS Zenith is the slowest nForce2 mobo. AXP 2800+ with Chaintech 7NJS Zenith may be equal to AXP 2700+ with A7N8X.

Let us know <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25703#25703" target="_new"> What File compression format you use? </A>

morganwill

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2002
I am also about to buy the A7N8X.
I would love to hear how your build goes.
This will be my third amd Beast I have built.
Friends always seem to make me an offer I can not really refuse. I lose very little and am able to upgrade to this newer chipset.
As far as ram and Athlon systems, my best experience has been with crucial ddr266 which has been tolerant to overclocking ;also I have heard that Kingston actually does well in the ddr 333 range??? Please contact (PM me) so we can discuss further.