Lost IE favorites upgrading from W98 to XP

jay

I upgraded a neighbor's system for them (W98->XP) and the XP IE didn't retain
their favorites. Anyway to find or import them from the old W98 folder still
on the hard drive?
Thanks, Jay

Windows 9x stores the favorites in C:\Windows\Favorites path, whereas in
Windows 2000/XP it's within the user profile homepath. Move the files *.URL
and folders from C:\Windows\Favorites to %Userprofile%\Favorites

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I upgraded a neighbor's system for them (W98->XP) and the XP IE didn't
retain
their favorites. Anyway to find or import them from the old W98 folder
still
on the hard drive?
Thanks, Jay

jay

Ramesh, what puzzles me is when I did the upgrade on one my own computers the
favorites were all move over automatically,