Windows XP Home Install

When I try to install Windows XP, the CD boots and a text message on the
screen says "scanning computer for hardware installed...". After approx 5
seconds, the screen goes blank and the computer stops responding. The hard
drive is blank. This is a new install. Any suggestions on how to get past
this?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows home install

    Hi,

    Have you already partitioned with some other product?
    Is this home built, or a system you got from someone else?
    Specif hardware details?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "vprimm" <vprimm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to install Windows XP, the CD boots and a text message on the
    > screen says "scanning computer for hardware installed...". After approx 5
    > seconds, the screen goes blank and the computer stops responding. The
    > hard
    > drive is blank. This is a new install. Any suggestions on how to get
    > past
    > this?

    Did you run the update advisor app on the CD to check for incompatibilities?

    "vprimm" <vprimm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to install Windows XP, the CD boots and a text message on the
    > screen says "scanning computer for hardware installed...". After approx 5
    > seconds, the screen goes blank and the computer stops responding. The
    > hard
    > drive is blank. This is a new install. Any suggestions on how to get
    > past
    > this?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP