Senator Wants Tax On Video Games

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
A Senator from Wisconsin wants to mandate an extra tax on video games because he claims they are linked to juvenile crime.

Well if they think video games lead to crime how about money that the root of all evil so they should tax the rich because money is the no. 1 cause of crime in the world. :lol:

surrealdeal

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
and is 'juvinile crime' a federal or state issue? i believe that anything to do with massive social behavior problems were taken to a supreme court. The good senator has no place to speak on the matter. We could also mandante synaptic reconstruction as well...

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
i know about VAT, but i meant specifically on video games
(im in the channel islands, so i dont get VAT, makes computer parts a LOT cheaper :p)

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Money leads to crime here is proof:

Alaska Lawmakers Want Info on Veco Ties From Big Oil ... Pete Kott guilty of taking bribes from former Veco CEO Bill Allen.

Vick Kohring, a former Republican state representative stands accused of taking bribes from VECO.

US authorities have arrested the sister of a US army officer accused of taking millions of dollars in bribes while he managed defense contracts in Iraq.

An 18- hour FBI raid of a Democratic congressman's office, allegations in a government affidavit William Jefferson took bribes and stuffed cash from an FBI informant in his freezer. In raw election-year politics, this should be manna from heaven for Republicans. So, why are they complaining?

And the list goes on and on

wsbsteven

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
History has shown that republicans want less tax but democrats want more tax. (If you want evidence search google for 'democrats more taxes' and 'republicans more taxes' if you don't believe me)

It's all politics.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
A Senator from Wisconsin wants to mandate an extra tax on video games because he claims they are linked to juvenile crime.

Well if they think video games lead to crime how about money that the root of all evil so they should tax the rich because money is the no. 1 cause of crime in the world. :lol:
Yeah, his whole reason for taxing video games is that: "Kids would be helping kids." Which basically means he assumes that everyone that plays a game is kids, or at least, kids are responsible for the purchase of games. IMHO, that is complete and utter bullcrap. Parents buy games for kids, so it's really adults helping kids... It's extremely stupid of him to stereotype all gamers as children since the age of the average gamer has changed over the past few years.

Just because he is sold old that he farts dust and remembers the "Good old days when we listened to the radio after dinner" shouldn't give him the right to propose a tax. I think we need a tax for proposing stupid taxes. Now there's an idea!

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Actually, I think video games should be distributed to criminals for free: Hard to take the time away from playing in order to rob someone when you're down on Frags... :p
Hehe, so true. Video games have kept some of my friends out of so much trouble.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

Forget frags, give them free WoW or EverCrack subscriptions, and they will never leave the house trying to level up their Halfing Mage, crime problem solved! :lol: :kaola:

shion_24

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I have been playing video games since I was 5 years old. Playing Mario as a little girl has sparked an interrest in a career in the video game industury. After graduating form Lake Rose Academy with honors I am currently studying to become a Game Writer at Valencia Community College. I am taking my interrest in video gaming and using it to make something out of my life. vidoe games to me are an encourging art form and an inspiration.

TRENDING THREADS