Nvidia.exe in Startup

Initial problem was the backup process for Quickbooks 2002 did not work after
upgrading the machine to Windows XP Pro from Windows 2000.

Troubleshooting using MSCONFIG found that when nvidia.exe was not included
in the start up, the backup process in Quickbooks completed successfully.
This seems strange to me and I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Also, what is the impact of not have the nvidia.exe in the startup. From a
user perspective it has an effect on the display of some MS Word documents.

Any thoughts?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

do you have an nvidia card in your agp slot? then disable
it from startup. it is kinda a bug. at least it doesnt give
an error on startup.

I have the exact same problem, when I open up a ms word document, monitor
display is impacted and changes to low res. It only causes issues with word.
I don't know how to disable the nvidia.exe in the startup menu.
Any comments?
Thank you

"rick" wrote:

> do you have an nvidia card in your agp slot? then disable
> it from startup. it is kinda a bug. at least it doesnt give
> an error on startup.

Anybody else has issues with display settings going down to low res
when opening up a word doc?
I'm out of alternative solutions.
Lucie

Lucie-Lou <LucieLou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Anybody else has issues with display settings going down to low res
>when opening up a word doc?

Never heard of this. What happens if you start Word and then open the
document? What happens if you start Word with the command
WINWORD /m
and the open the document?

--
(tm)