Switching from 7100 GS , and benchmark frustration

Hi , i have 7100 GS , it didn't run the game

dreamfall the longest journey , the gfx card is 512 , and the pixel shader is 3 , so i want to buy
a

8600 GS
8600 G????

what does the GS GTO .... etc mean ?

actually i'm from jordan , and the 7100 GS was bought by 110 Dollars , and the 8600 worths 150 dollars , is the diiference huge between them ?

now , i want to buy a new graphics card , 8XXX serise , what does each number denote ?

the application

benchmark2006 showed 2 to 3 FPS , what is my problem

pc :-

ram = 2048 DDR2
cpu = 3600 DualCore

please help me , it will be too apreciated .
9 answers Last reply
More about switching 7100 benchmark frustration
  1. sorry for my english language :fou:
  2. basically, it goes (in price order) 8800 ultra (most expensive, most powerful), 8800 gtx, 8800 gt, 8600 gt
    (i've missed out a lot, but those are general price points)
    the best deal by all accounts nowadays is the 8800gt
  3. thanks , i dont know the ati price sorry , so is the difference too huge between 8600 GS and 8600 GTS ?

what pixel shader have it to be ? , would it run 3dmark 2006 with normal settinges , fastly <more than 20 FPS> , thaks again .
  4. Spud was saying that the 8800 is the best bang for you buck.. And since I played the The Longest Journey many moons ago :) I know you won't have any frame rate problems, you can max out your settings with that for a new card... Just make sure your motherboard allows you to use one of these cards, I'm assuming by what you previously wrote, it shall.
  5. thanks , one last thing , is 8600 GS capable of running most games these days , like COD4 , and the PS2 emulator <legal , becuase i have the consol , but i want to see can my computer run the emu better with the new gfx card>

thanks too much .
  6. sorry , i wrote by mistake GS instead of GT , <i wasn't able to edit the post>

so , would 8600 GT , run all the games ?
    thanks
  7. it will, trust me, i own one.
  8. 3DGURU said:
    thanks , one last thing , is 8600 GS capable of running most games these days , like COD4 , and the PS2 emulator <legal , becuase i have the consol , but i want to see can my computer run the emu better with the new gfx card>

thanks too much .

I have the console too, but I would love to have the emulator, so I can consolidate space, where do you get the emulator and what is it called?
  9. ^^ PCSX2. (www.pcsx2.net)

To 3DGURU, check how much the ATI HD 3850 costs over there, as it will be MUCH better than either the 8600GT or 8600GTS. If you can afford it, then get it, as it is the best in its price range.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Benchmark Graphics Cards Video Games