can not send mail via outlook2003 after Xp SP2

September 15, 2004 3:30:40 PM

Hello.
i installed windows xp service pack2 to a new clean Xp.
When i try to send a mail ; i can't send mail by SMTP. However if i
dissable firewall of service pack2 , i dont fce with same problem. I tried
to do the outlook.exe to the "exceptions " list in the windows firewall but
i didnt work.

also try to find the port which outlook used for send pop mails. However i
can not find a static port. Please Help me
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 3:30:41 PM

Hi,

Outgoing SMTP usually uses port 25, try opening that one on the firewall.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone