can not send mail via outlook2003 after Xp SP2

Hello.
i installed windows xp service pack2 to a new clean Xp.
When i try to send a mail ; i can't send mail by SMTP. However if i
dissable firewall of service pack2 , i dont fce with same problem. I tried
to do the outlook.exe to the "exceptions " list in the windows firewall but
i didnt work.

also try to find the port which outlook used for send pop mails. However i
can not find a static port. Please Help me
1 answer Last reply
More about send mail outlook2003

    Hi,

    Outgoing SMTP usually uses port 25, try opening that one on the firewall.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "news.microsoft.com" <freefall.at.gmx.doot.net> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    > i installed windows xp service pack2 to a new clean Xp.
    > When i try to send a mail ; i can't send mail by SMTP. However if i
    > dissable firewall of service pack2 , i dont fce with same problem. I tried
    > to do the outlook.exe to the "exceptions " list in the windows firewall
    > but
    > i didnt work.
    >
    > also try to find the port which outlook used for send pop mails. However i
    > can not find a static port. Please Help me

Outlook Firewalls Outlook 2003 Windows XP