Kasmir Chronicle - Death of a Hardcore Hero (Part 2)

Kasmir played a new trapper in HC on Friday night and got the trapper
up to level 25 and even got the trapper by Diablo. Kasmir was doing
well. And he did that in public games.

Kasmir got PKed on Sunday night.

He was in a game. A zon comes into the game and asks him if he would
like to be rushed. Kasmir says "Sure" and heads out to the Stony Field
where the zon was. He says it happened so fast.

Hostility / Skull and Crossbones

Death

Pow! Poor Kasmir.

I felt bad for him when he told me this.

I thought the scrpit for a guided arrow PK was handled. At least I
think that is what killed him. Any ideas from others?

I ignore offers for rushes in public games in HC.

Long live Kasmir!

Orion Ryder

r...@telus.net wrote:
> On 22 Feb 2005 07:05:04 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Kasmir played a new trapper in HC on Friday night and got the
trapper
> >up to level 25 and even got the trapper by Diablo. Kasmir was doing
> >well. And he did that in public games.
>
> His mistake: playing in a HC pubbie after clevel 9. Join the Amazon
> Basin and play with honorable, courteous and considerate HC players.
>
> >Kasmir got PKed on Sunday night.
> >
> >He was in a game. A zon comes into the game and asks him if he would
> >like to be rushed. Kasmir says "Sure" and heads out to the Stony
Field
> >where the zon was. He says it happened so fast.
>
> Of course. At least 99% of HC PKs are evil cheaters and cowards.
> They are not interested in playing or fighting or facing a fair
> challenge, only in inflicting suffering on other human beings at no
> risk to themselves. They are essentially sociopaths: despicable,
> sub-human filth, no better than the scum who write viruses. The
> desire to destroy what others have built is the infallible mark of an
> evil, criminal, sub-human mentality, and the only real difference
> between a HC PK and a serial killer is that the HC PK is a coward who
> does not have the jam to carry out his desire to do evil in RL.
>
> >Hostility / Skull and Crossbones
> >
> >Death
> >
> >Pow! Poor Kasmir.
> >
> >I felt bad for him when he told me this.
>
> As long as he plays HC in pubbies, it will continue to happen to him.
> The great majority of my deaths in pubbies have been to PK cheats,
not
> monsters.
>
> >I thought the scrpit for a guided arrow PK was handled. At least I
> >think that is what killed him. Any ideas from others?
>
> It could have been any of a number of cheats.
>
> >I ignore offers for rushes in public games in HC.
>
> That will not prevent you from being PKed if you keep playing in HC
> pubbies.
>
> -- Roy L

Please direct me (us) to the nearest Amazon Basin on West US.

BTW, will Bongo vouch for your honorability? :)

Just kidding. I have seen your posts for over a year.

That was the best description of HC PK cheat I have ever seen. It
should be on every FAQ on the subject.

Orion Ryder

wrote:

>Kasmir played a new trapper in HC on Friday night and got the trapper
>up to level 25 and even got the trapper by Diablo. Kasmir was doing
>well. And he did that in public games.

His mistake: playing in a HC pubbie after clevel 9. Join the Amazon
Basin and play with honorable, courteous and considerate HC players.

>Kasmir got PKed on Sunday night.
>
>He was in a game. A zon comes into the game and asks him if he would
>like to be rushed. Kasmir says "Sure" and heads out to the Stony Field
>where the zon was. He says it happened so fast.

Of course. At least 99% of HC PKs are evil cheaters and cowards.
They are not interested in playing or fighting or facing a fair
challenge, only in inflicting suffering on other human beings at no
risk to themselves. They are essentially sociopaths: despicable,
sub-human filth, no better than the scum who write viruses. The
desire to destroy what others have built is the infallible mark of an
evil, criminal, sub-human mentality, and the only real difference
between a HC PK and a serial killer is that the HC PK is a coward who
does not have the jam to carry out his desire to do evil in RL.

>Hostility / Skull and Crossbones
>
>Death
>
>Pow! Poor Kasmir.
>
>I felt bad for him when he told me this.

As long as he plays HC in pubbies, it will continue to happen to him.
The great majority of my deaths in pubbies have been to PK cheats, not
monsters.

>I thought the scrpit for a guided arrow PK was handled. At least I
>think that is what killed him. Any ideas from others?

It could have been any of a number of cheats.

>I ignore offers for rushes in public games in HC.

That will not prevent you from being PKed if you keep playing in HC
pubbies.

-- Roy L

mark

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Please direct me (us) to the nearest Amazon Basin on West US.

Here's the link to the AB D2 site:
The Amazon Basin Welcome http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/index.php

Here's a rundown on what the Basin is all about:
The Amazon Basin Introdution
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/new_to_the_basin_guide.php

This describes AB games and what is expected:
AB Games http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/guide_to_ab_games.php

If you're still interestd in the Amazon Basin this one gives you links to
register for the forums, register for Weaseltech access to AB games, and
some othe rstuff.
AB Links http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/the_welcome_mat.php

You can check out the forums here. And if you sign up for the forums and/or
the games, make an introductory post in the 'Hospitality Suite':
D2/LoD Forums http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?&&CODE=00

> BTW, will Bongo vouch for your honorability? :)

Why sure, I'll vouch for you any time. But do you really want to be
associated with someone like ME? ;-)

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

> Kasmir got PKed on Sunday night.
>
> I thought the scrpit for a guided arrow PK was handled. At least I
> think that is what killed him. Any ideas from others?

That was TPPK or Trigger, or whatever you want to call the script hack. The
Guided Arrow 'fix' in 1.10 is that it no longer pierces. In 1.09 it pierced,
so one arrow hit a person multiple times. This made it deadly for nearly any
character. But now that it no longer pierces it is only effective against
lower lifed characters (like Kasmir's fledgling Sorc) who can be killed in
one or two shots.

Oh the joys of public games.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

I have emailed these links to Kasmir and Caal.

Kasmir says he wants me to hook up first. Oh well, I shall.

In the meantime Kasmir's trapper is now level 16. He also has a MA
sasin in the 20s. But he is leary about playing her.

Let me know what kind of character you plan on putting together and
I'll check my mules for gear.

A reminder of out groups chars.

Me:
level 53 conviction/fanatic/zealot
level 34 LF/PlaguaZon

Kasmir
level 16 Trapper

Caal
level 38 summoner

Tymmermortis
Level ?? Trapper (prolly in the 50s)
Level ?? BaldeFurysin

Given my penchant for barbs, perhaps I should make one. However in HC,
I think I would make a Screamer with less emphasis on combat. I suspect
that a melee barb could be tough to keep alive in hell.

Orion Ryder

Orion Ryder wrote:
> I have emailed these links to Kasmir and Caal.
>
> Kasmir says he wants me to hook up first. Oh well, I shall.
>
> In the meantime Kasmir's trapper is now level 16. He also has a MA
> sasin in the 20s. But he is leary about playing her.
>
> Let me know what kind of character you plan on putting together and
> I'll check my mules for gear.
>
> A reminder of out groups chars.
>
> Me:
> level 53 conviction/fanatic/zealot
> level 34 LF/PlaguaZon
>
> Kasmir
> level 16 Trapper
>
> Caal
> level 38 summoner
>
> Tymmermortis

Tymme? Is Mark still playing after all these years? I guess molecular
biology isn't that fascinating after all :eek:)

Mickey

> A reminder of out groups chars.
>
> Me:
> level 53 conviction/fanatic/zealot
> level 34 LF/PlaguaZon
>
> Kasmir
> level 16 Trapper
>
> Caal
> level 38 summoner
>
> Tymmermortis
> Level ?? Trapper (prolly in the 50s)
> Level ?? BaldeFurysin

What account name(s) are you playing on, And Ladder or nonLadder? I'll look
for you when I get on.

I popped on West last night for a bit and my ping was around 100, a dream
compared to dial up. Between Chant games and Baal runs I got a Sorc up to
L40. I figure an Enchantress would be a good support/utility character so
that's the way I went. And I don't know what I did, but my new computer
suddenly can connect to B-Net. So I played a new Wolf tonight and got him
through A1, level 17 I think. Both are on my *Bongo-Fury2 account.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

Mark wrote:
> "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > A reminder of out groups chars.
> >
> > Me:
> > level 53 conviction/fanatic/zealot
> > level 34 LF/PlaguaZon
> >
> > Kasmir
> > level 16 Trapper
> >
> > Caal
> > level 38 summoner
> >
> > Tymmermortis
> > Level ?? Trapper (prolly in the 50s)
> > Level ?? BaldeFurysin
>
> What account name(s) are you playing on, And Ladder or nonLadder?
I'll look
> for you when I get on.
>
> I popped on West last night for a bit and my ping was around 100, a
dream
> compared to dial up. Between Chant games and Baal runs I got a Sorc
up to
> L40. I figure an Enchantress would be a good support/utility
character so
> that's the way I went. And I don't know what I did, but my new
computer
> suddenly can connect to B-Net. So I played a new Wolf tonight and got
him
> through A1, level 17 I think. Both are on my *Bongo-Fury2 account.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

Ladder

kasmir1
orionryderhc
caal
tymmermortis

kasmir joined amazon basin last night

see you sometime

orion

I will look but there is a possibility that my next HC session will be
Sat AM 7-9 AM EST

I have a few SC chars that I am also playing. I am finishing these up
while playing HC and will not be making any new SC chars. But I will
still be sending those out for hell runs witrh tae and the gang

If I finish my SC quests early enough tonight I will jump into HC and
look for all above including Bongo and you.

sorc? does she like conviction? stupid question huh?

Orion Ryder

On 24 Feb 2005 03:44:35 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Ladder
>
>kasmir1
>orionryderhc
>caal
>tymmermortis
>
>kasmir joined amazon basin last night

Welcome! I play on AB HC West ladder from account hcladdrteam. I
have a sorc questing in NM, she'll wait for you if you like.

-- Roy L

Mark wrote:
> "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > A reminder of out groups chars.
> >
> > Me:
> > level 53 conviction/fanatic/zealot
> > level 34 LF/PlaguaZon
> >
> > Kasmir
> > level 16 Trapper
> >
> > Caal
> > level 38 summoner
> >
> > Tymmermortis
> > Level ?? Trapper (prolly in the 50s)
> > Level ?? BaldeFurysin
>
> What account name(s) are you playing on, And Ladder or nonLadder?
I'll look
> for you when I get on.
>
> I popped on West last night for a bit and my ping was around 100, a
dream
> compared to dial up. Between Chant games and Baal runs I got a Sorc
up to
> L40. I figure an Enchantress would be a good support/utility
character so
> that's the way I went. And I don't know what I did, but my new
computer
> suddenly can connect to B-Net. So I played a new Wolf tonight and got
him
> through A1, level 17 I think. Both are on my *Bongo-Fury2 account.

Well, if anyone sees the aforemention Tymme, tell him I said hello, and
ask him if he's still at Berkeley or if he finally flew the coop.

Mickey

Mickey wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > A reminder of out groups chars.
> > >
> > > Me:
> > > level 53 conviction/fanatic/zealot
> > > level 34 LF/PlaguaZon
> > >
> > > Kasmir
> > > level 16 Trapper
> > >
> > > Caal
> > > level 38 summoner
> > >
> > > Tymmermortis
> > > Level ?? Trapper (prolly in the 50s)
> > > Level ?? BaldeFurysin
> >
> > What account name(s) are you playing on, And Ladder or nonLadder?
> I'll look
> > for you when I get on.
> >
> > I popped on West last night for a bit and my ping was around 100, a
> dream
> > compared to dial up. Between Chant games and Baal runs I got a Sorc
> up to
> > L40. I figure an Enchantress would be a good support/utility
> character so
> > that's the way I went. And I don't know what I did, but my new
> computer
> > suddenly can connect to B-Net. So I played a new Wolf tonight and
got
> him
> > through A1, level 17 I think. Both are on my *Bongo-Fury2 account.
> >

> Well, if anyone sees the aforemention Tymme, tell him I said hello,
and
> ask him if he's still at Berkeley or if he finally flew the coop.
>
> Mickey

Will do Mick! Planned on doing that for ya anyway despite my silence,
sorry.

He's been involved in some other game fora bit but plans on returning.

Berkeley? will do.

Orion Ryder