URL links on a page

September 15, 2004 10:59:04 AM

i am having trouble with my URL links. When I view a webpage with URL
links, each of the links transfers me to the same page www.ntsearch.com.
which proceeds to offer hundreds of options on that word. I have no idea why
this is suddenly happening. How do I remove this website from all my links?
advice much appreciated

--
lisa

More about : url links page

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 12:55:25 PM

Spyware or another parasite has infected your system. Read Jim Eshelman's
page for info about this problem. There are links to cleaners like
CWShredder, Ad-Aware and SpyBot Search & Destroy as well as an online
scanner and how to protect yourself from future infections there too
http://aumha.org/win5/a/parasite.htm

Symantec has info about your specific problem here
http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.ntsearch.html

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp