Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I just installed XP pro sp1. The bubble help that shows
when you mouse over a button shows the text from a
different button. Is the a solution to this?

"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:2aa201c49b2e$ceb53700$a501280a@phx.gbl:
> I just installed XP pro sp1. The bubble help that shows
> when you mouse over a button shows the text from a
> different button. Is the a solution to this?

Haven't heard this one (and didn't bother to do a search at
http://support.microsoft.com since you could do that yourself). You
sure it isn't because you picked a different mouse pointer scheme where
the mouse cursor points to the right instead of to the left? The
trigger end of the mouse cursor will still be its left side (think of it
as a box moving around the screen and you changing the icon in the box
doesn't change on which side the box triggers the balloon popup). So
I'm wondering if you are using a rightward pointing mouse cursor but the
leftside of the mouse (with the stem instead of the pointy end) is
hovering over the nearby button. Is the wrong balloon text for the
button showing the text for the button just to the left on the one you
think you're pointing at?

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

After spending a little more time with the problem, it
appears that it is only the first time that you mouse over
a button that this happens. If you move the mouse off of
the button, then back over it, the correct text is
displayed.

_______
********
>Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom and append "=NEWS=" to
Subject.
_______

wrote in news:2cd101c49db2$49654690$a401280a@phx.gbl:
> After spending a little more time with the problem, it
> appears that it is only the first time that you mouse over
> a button that this happens. If you move the mouse off of
> the button, then back over it, the correct text is
> displayed.

When you FIRST hover over a button and get the wrong text (for the other
button), what happens if you then click THAT button? Do you get the
action for that button, or do you get the action for the button for
whose bubble text you saw?

Have you tried uninstalling any mouse software and drivers that came for
whatever mouse (unmentioned) that you are using (and revert to the
standard PS/2 mouse driver)? Do you have a USB mouse plugged in? How
about a game console or joystick?