Need advice on motherboard.

reddis

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2002
I am buying my new computer this week but i have hard time chooseing wich motherboard to buy for this cpu Intel Pentium 4 2.53 GHz ( 533 MHz ) - L2 512 KB, right now im leaning towards this mother board (raid must be included)ASUS, Socket 478, P4S8X /LAN/SATA/1394/GD w/RAID But i want to hear what you guys think. Some of you are computer "pros" im just mearly comptia certified and dont now to much :( . Please give me advices on motherboard preferably with 333mhz ddr (not 400..) and raid must be on motherboard. thanx alot guys in advance
/rikard

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
I would wait 1-2 weeks for a Granite Bay (a.k.a. E7205) or SiS 655 based motherboard. You'll get considerably more out of your Pentium4 Northwood.

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, the P4S8X is a bad board, it most likely has design issues since Asus has been unable to fix it with BIOS updates. Search for this board in this forum and the video cards forum and find out for yourself, it's problematic.

The only board I can recommend with AGP8X is the Gigabyte GA-8SG667, it's also the only board that can support 3 DDR400 DIMMs unofficially or 2 officially.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>