Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

So I forged myself another Gul...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:55:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I was lucky enough to get a second Gul rune from one of my Hellforges.
The question now is what do I do with it? It seems the most logical
thing to do is to transmute them into a Vex but what do I do with a
Vex? HotO? What char can make best use of a HotO? Perhaps I will just
keep it as two Guls and use it as trading fodder or transmute to Vex
which is more valuable for trading. Anyone have any ideas?

No Kaytie... this doesn't mean I've stolen your luck :-)

Alan

--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC

More about : forged gul

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:08:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

WOW!!

This post could have been written by me.

I'm gonna be on the look out for the advice that people throw our way.
:) 

Orion Ryder
February 23, 2005 1:11:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Alan Ladd wrote:
> I was lucky enough to get a second Gul rune from one of my
Hellforges.

Congrats!

> The question now is what do I do with it? It seems the most logical
> thing to do is to transmute them into a Vex but what do I do with a
> Vex? HotO? What char can make best use of a HotO? Perhaps I will just
> keep it as two Guls and use it as trading fodder or transmute to Vex
> which is more valuable for trading. Anyone have any ideas?

Just like others said, Death (probably on Berserker Axe) looks like a
nice weapon. HotO is a standard caster weapon, most commonly used by
Cheerleaders. Other chars, such as sorcies have, IMO, better weapons
than HotO (e.g. Death Fathom, Tal set, Oculus, and Eschuta's); necros
have White, Leoric; trappers prefer double claws (don't they?).

Gul itself is usually referred as the weak link in the market because
there aren't many good runewords involve one. You are lucky if you can
sell your Gul for Ist+Pul. My guess, now Gul trades for Ist (yes no
mistake here, Gul = Ist). Why? Vex and beyond sells for 2 Ist each.
Gul is definitely not a currency, only people who need one will pay for
more than Ist, even then, it will be at most Ist+Pul.

If you do want to reroll a HotO for trading, look at my reply to
Short's trading question for its approximate value. The right buyer
will pay twice or even thrice my estimated price for perfect one.
Enigma however, has varying prices, depends mostly on the base item
type and sometimes on stat. Example of commonly used base items and
approximate price in Ist: Archon Plate (5-6), Mage Plate (4-5), Breast
Plate (3-4), Wirefleece (4-5), and Boneweave (4-5). All those assuming
no Enhanced Defense (ed). Ed increases price significantly.

> No Kaytie... this doesn't mean I've stolen your luck :-)
>
> Alan
>
> --
> USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
> USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Related resources
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:36:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Hi,

Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in
news:fq6n11hctufqa6i7gt9f61qitc1vtc5b1u@4ax.com:

> I was lucky enough to get a second Gul rune from one of my Hellforges.
> The question now is what do I do with it? It seems the most logical
> thing to do is to transmute them into a Vex but what do I do with a
> Vex? HotO? What char can make best use of a HotO? Perhaps I will just
> keep it as two Guls and use it as trading fodder or transmute to Vex
> which is more valuable for trading. Anyone have any ideas?

Vex and Gul are part of the DEATH runeword, which isn't too shabby with
50% Crushing Blow, Deadly Strike based on char level and some other
stuff.

How many Gul's do ya need for a LO? I'd love a FORTITUDE armor with 300%
enhanced damage (who needs a might merc?), a bunch of resists and ctc
level 15 Chilling armor..

Now, if you could lay your lucky hands on a JAH rune...

From what I see, GULs are used in a bunch of runewords, so it might be
better to wait for a high rune drop and have the GUL on hand..

And I have never understood why everybody is so crazy about HotO
runeword? Beyond +3 all, there is nothing really good in it.

Regards,

Oliver

>
> No Kaytie... this doesn't mean I've stolen your luck :-)
>
> Alan
>
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:48:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

In article <cvg8ku$uaf$00$1@news.t-online.com>,
Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

>And I have never understood why everybody is so crazy about HotO
>runeword? Beyond +3 all, there is nothing really good in it.

Err, well:

+3 To All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage To Demons
+100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage, 3 sec. Duration (Normal)
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
+10 To Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +30-40 (varies)
Level 4 Oak Sage (25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60 Charges)
+50% Damage To Undead

So it's sort of a Wizardspike on steroids. Especially the res-all is
nice, and Oak Sage adds a bunch of life.

I have the runes for it, but never made it, because the Ist-ed Arm of
King Leoric provides a better MF solution for my necro. But I think my
Hammerdin could use this better than the Wizardspike he's using now. If
only it wasn't such a boring character to play. :) 

What would you compare it with then?

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:29:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o qun11htm9cqna3bgg12gukjeo9ch8b75k@4ax.com...
> I suppose it is like having an Occulus with resistance.

Yes...except, wind druids, necros, trappers, hammerdins, etc can't use
Occy...

> It just seems very expensive for something that doesn't seem to have much
going for
> it.

It has nearly everything a caster could want. A big +3 skills, rather high
40% FCR, nice resists, a mana boost, what more could a caster ask for? Oh,
and heck, if you think you and your party might need a little extra life for
an upcoming battle, you can raise up an Oak Sage, the charges are pretty
cheap to repair, so it can be a nice little bonus.

> Alan
> --
> USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
> USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:52:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1109139080.156720.292160@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

> necros have White, Leoric

White is nice if you can get the right wand. But it only has 20 FCR, HotO
has 40. For hitting the breakpoints(especially the 125 breakpoint), HotO
could be better(I know from experience, with my setup, HotO takes me to 80
FCR, White would not, and the increase in effectiveness I gained by hitting
the 80% breakpoint is VERY noticable). And Leorics is great for a summoner,
not so hot for a telesummoner or a bone/summon hybrid, for those 2 builds,
HotO is generally superior cause they need FCR. Plus, neither White nor
Leorics add resists, HotO does, which is a huge advantage(especially for
Enigma using necros, since they can't get resists from their armor) IMO.

> ; trappers prefer double claws (don't they?).

Some do, some don't. PvP trappers in particular usually use teleport(via
Enigma) and Mindblast extensively...and both those need FCR. Two claws is
NOT the ideal setup for those players.

Don't forgot Hammerdins and Wind Druids either, both are builds whose damage
is substantially affected by both +skills and fast cast rate. HotO gives
both, a nice +3 skills and a high 40% FCR. Plus they still get bonus of the
mana boost and resists as well.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 4:15:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:29:30 -0600, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>
wrote:

>
>"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:o qun11htm9cqna3bgg12gukjeo9ch8b75k@4ax.com...
>> I suppose it is like having an Occulus with resistance.
>
>Yes...except, wind druids, necros, trappers, hammerdins, etc can't use
>Occy...
>
Replace Occy with class specific weapon of choice :-) Earthshaker for
Druid, White wand for necro, 2 claws with +3 to traps for the sin,
spirit sword should be good enough for a hammerdin, etc.

>> It just seems very expensive for something that doesn't seem to have much
>going for
>> it.
>
>It has nearly everything a caster could want. A big +3 skills, rather high
>40% FCR, nice resists, a mana boost, what more could a caster ask for? Oh,
>and heck, if you think you and your party might need a little extra life for
>an upcoming battle, you can raise up an Oak Sage, the charges are pretty
>cheap to repair, so it can be a nice little bonus.
>

I think I really am finding more reasons now to NOT make the HotO. I'm
just not convinced it is a good use of a hard to get rune such as
Vex... hard for me anyway. I guess I might just use it as trading
fodder unless I find another gul then make Death with the Vex and Gul.

Alan


--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:58:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:qqho115algl4n0j58nt2vcnbm6d9u0tn0d@4ax.com...
> But you can get the same +3 skills from an Earthshaker hammer. The max
> mana is unnecessary for a Windy especially if the merc uses Insight
> polearm. Replenish life is also unnecessary if you have the one point
> wonder vine. Huge resists are even more unnecessary for a Windy
> because their synergized Cyclone armor absorbs all elemental damage
> except for poison. Hmm it seems I'm finding more and more reasons not
> to make a HotO.

1)Earthshaker doesn't have FCR. Wind Druids use FCR, at least, the effecient
ones do.
2)Earthshaker adds +3 elemental skills. HotO adds +3 ALL skills. That's an
extra 3 points to Oak Sage, an extra 3 points to the "wonder vine", and an
extra 3 points to grizzly/wolves, depening on druid prefence. And
considering windys are usually a bit short on skill points to begin with(max
tornado, hurricane, cyclone armor, then either max Oak Sage or Twister and
devote the rest to the other, or split points evenly between Oak and
Twister, not to mention 1 in either dire wolves or grizzly, and then 2 more
if you want der wundervine)...those extra skill levels are nothing to scoff
at.
3)Oh, and while resists aren't as important, if you get caught in a gloam
crossfire, your cyclone armor can be taken out...having your resists up can
buy you the time needed to recast it. They also help immensely if you PvP,
where you routinely face opponents who can drop your cyclone armor with a
single hit, though for a PvM player it's not as important(though than CAN
save you from a sorc that goes hostile and tries to trigger PK you with ice
bolt or such).

> Alan
> --
> USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
> USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 9:07:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:s3io11l28vedlpdv9pfkdvesc5fofrh7jc@4ax.com...
> Replace Occy with class specific weapon of choice :-) Earthshaker for
> Druid,

I already explained how HotO destroys Earthshaker in a previous reply, so I
won't go into as much detail here, I will merely reiterate that casters need
FCR, and.+3 all is better than +3 elemental.

> White wand for necro,

I also already explained why HotO can be better than White in a reply to
Alice. To make a long story short, again, casters need FCR. It's easier to
hit breakpoints, particularly the 125 one, with 40 FCR than it is with 20
FCR. My necro's effectiveness went up TREMENDOUSLY when I reached the 80%
breakpoint. HotO puts me at 80% FCR. White would put me at 60%. And necros
need resists.

> 2 claws with +3 to traps for the sin,

Sure, in PvM that can fine(though some trappers will use Stormshield, and
again, +3 all is better than +3 traps, cause it also boosts your shadow and
your BoS/Fade). But a PvP trapper with 2 +3 claws will get it's ass kicked 6
ways from Sunday. A PvP trapper with HotO and Stormshield will own a great
majority of their opponents.

> spirit sword should be good enough for a hammerdin, etc.

Yes, it should be "good enough". And finding a $50 bill on the ground would
be good enough for me, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't rather find a $100
bill.

> Alan
>
>
> --
> USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
> USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 9:08:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
message news:e1acb$421c514d$82a1d3bf$1991@news2.tudelft.nl...
> For a Wind Druid (basically yet another spellcaster) it only has the +3
> elemental skills (not even +3 druid skills) going for it. It's missing all
> the gravy of HotO.

Including the FCR, which ANY good wind druid will want.

> Regards,
>
> Patrick.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 9:39:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Hi,

Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
news:bd3b2$421ba8a2$82a1d3bf$31087@news1.tudelft.nl:

> In article <cvg8ku$uaf$00$1@news.t-online.com>,
> Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:
>
>>And I have never understood why everybody is so crazy about HotO
>>runeword? Beyond +3 all, there is nothing really good in it.
>
> Err, well:
>
> +3 To All Skills
> +40% Faster Cast Rate
> +75% Damage To Demons
> +100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
> Adds 3-14 Cold Damage, 3 sec. Duration (Normal)
> 7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
> +10 To Dexterity
> Replenish Life +20
> Increase Maximum Mana 15%
> All Resistances +30-40 (varies)
> Level 4 Oak Sage (25 Charges)
> Level 14 Raven (60 Charges)
> +50% Damage To Undead
>
> So it's sort of a Wizardspike on steroids. Especially the res-all is
> nice, and Oak Sage adds a bunch of life.

I guess a level 4 Oak Sage won't survive long in Hell diff. I'm not so
much into casters to evaluate the +40% FCR, I only have a Ranger pally
and an Enchantress (which has Occulus on switch for pre-buffing Enchant).
>
> I have the runes for it, but never made it, because the Ist-ed Arm of
> King Leoric provides a better MF solution for my necro. But I think my
> Hammerdin could use this better than the Wizardspike he's using now. If
> only it wasn't such a boring character to play. :) 
>
> What would you compare it with then?

Any class-specific +skills weapon. My Ranger pally is using a Heaven's
Light scepter on switch (+3 pally skills, 33% CB, 2 open sockets) and it
really rocks with Zeal or Vengeance..

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 11:59:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:58:34 -0600, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>
wrote:

>
>"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:qqho115algl4n0j58nt2vcnbm6d9u0tn0d@4ax.com...
>> But you can get the same +3 skills from an Earthshaker hammer. The max
>> mana is unnecessary for a Windy especially if the merc uses Insight
>> polearm. Replenish life is also unnecessary if you have the one point
>> wonder vine. Huge resists are even more unnecessary for a Windy
>> because their synergized Cyclone armor absorbs all elemental damage
>> except for poison. Hmm it seems I'm finding more and more reasons not
>> to make a HotO.
>
>1)Earthshaker doesn't have FCR. Wind Druids use FCR, at least, the effecient
>ones do.
>2)Earthshaker adds +3 elemental skills. HotO adds +3 ALL skills. That's an
>extra 3 points to Oak Sage, an extra 3 points to the "wonder vine", and an
>extra 3 points to grizzly/wolves, depening on druid prefence. And
>considering windys are usually a bit short on skill points to begin with(max
>tornado, hurricane, cyclone armor, then either max Oak Sage or Twister and
>devote the rest to the other, or split points evenly between Oak and
>Twister, not to mention 1 in either dire wolves or grizzly, and then 2 more
>if you want der wundervine)...those extra skill levels are nothing to scoff
>at.
>3)Oh, and while resists aren't as important, if you get caught in a gloam
>crossfire, your cyclone armor can be taken out...having your resists up can
>buy you the time needed to recast it. They also help immensely if you PvP,
>where you routinely face opponents who can drop your cyclone armor with a
>single hit, though for a PvM player it's not as important(though than CAN
>save you from a sorc that goes hostile and tries to trigger PK you with ice
>bolt or such).
>
>

Okay. You've all convinced me. My upcoming Windy will be using a HotO.
As Patrick said, I seem to be looking for reasons not to like HotO
that I disregarded the points you made in #2 up there. I suppose if in
the end, I'm still not impressed with HotO, then I can still trade it
for something nice later on.

Now if I can just find a druid pelt with +3 elemental and 3 sockets to
make Delirium with :-)

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:02:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:07:48 -0600, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>
wrote:

>
>"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:s3io11l28vedlpdv9pfkdvesc5fofrh7jc@4ax.com...
>> Replace Occy with class specific weapon of choice :-) Earthshaker for
>> Druid,
>
>I already explained how HotO destroys Earthshaker in a previous reply, so I
>won't go into as much detail here, I will merely reiterate that casters need
>FCR, and.+3 all is better than +3 elemental.
>
>> White wand for necro,
>
>I also already explained why HotO can be better than White in a reply to
>Alice. To make a long story short, again, casters need FCR. It's easier to
>hit breakpoints, particularly the 125 one, with 40 FCR than it is with 20
>FCR. My necro's effectiveness went up TREMENDOUSLY when I reached the 80%
>breakpoint. HotO puts me at 80% FCR. White would put me at 60%. And necros
>need resists.
>
>> 2 claws with +3 to traps for the sin,
>
>Sure, in PvM that can fine(though some trappers will use Stormshield, and
>again, +3 all is better than +3 traps, cause it also boosts your shadow and
>your BoS/Fade). But a PvP trapper with 2 +3 claws will get it's ass kicked 6
>ways from Sunday. A PvP trapper with HotO and Stormshield will own a great
>majority of their opponents.
>
>> spirit sword should be good enough for a hammerdin, etc.
>
>Yes, it should be "good enough". And finding a $50 bill on the ground would
>be good enough for me, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't rather find a $100
>bill.
>

All points well taken. As I've said in an earlier post, you've
convinced me to make a HotO for my upcoming Windy. Thanks for taking
the time to make your points heard. I do appreciate it.

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:28:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
message news:bd3b2$421ba8a2$82a1d3bf$31087@news1.tudelft.nl...
> In article <cvg8ku$uaf$00$1@news.t-online.com>,
> Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> >And I have never understood why everybody is so crazy about HotO
> >runeword? Beyond +3 all, there is nothing really good in it.
>
> Err, well:
>
> +3 To All Skills
> +40% Faster Cast Rate
> +75% Damage To Demons
> +100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
> Adds 3-14 Cold Damage, 3 sec. Duration (Normal)
> 7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
> +10 To Dexterity
> Replenish Life +20
> Increase Maximum Mana 15%
> All Resistances +30-40 (varies)
> Level 4 Oak Sage (25 Charges)
> Level 14 Raven (60 Charges)
> +50% Damage To Undead
>
> So it's sort of a Wizardspike on steroids. Especially the res-all is
> nice, and Oak Sage adds a bunch of life.
>

I think the Wizardspike and Occy got together and made a baby, and named him
HotO.


short - it really does combine the two........




----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:13:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

In article <cvh4ub$thp$01$1@news.t-online.com>,
Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote:

>Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
>news:bd3b2$421ba8a2$82a1d3bf$31087@news1.tudelft.nl:
>
>> So it's sort of a Wizardspike on steroids. Especially the res-all is
>> nice, and Oak Sage adds a bunch of life.
>
>I guess a level 4 Oak Sage won't survive long in Hell diff. I'm not so
>much into casters to evaluate the +40% FCR, I only have a Ranger pally
>and an Enchantress (which has Occulus on switch for pre-buffing Enchant).

If all you want is +3 skills to (temporarly) raise your skill level for a
periodic enchant, HotO is bit overkill, yes. Also, a HotO weapon, even if
you get the highest damage Flail-type weapon available, is not meant to
whack the monsters.

Try some spellcasters for a change, there's more to Diablo II than
whacking monsters over the head with some oversized piece of metal. ;) 

>> What would you compare it with then?
>
>Any class-specific +skills weapon. My Ranger pally is using a Heaven's
>Light scepter on switch (+3 pally skills, 33% CB, 2 open sockets) and it
>really rocks with Zeal or Vengeance..

Like I said, a HotO is not meant to whack monsters over the head with. :) 

But it _is_ a mighty nice, all-around, caster weapon.

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 2:57:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:55:35 -0800, Alan Ladd
<OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>I was lucky enough to get a second Gul rune from one of my Hellforges.
>The question now is what do I do with it? It seems the most logical
>thing to do is to transmute them into a Vex but what do I do with a
>Vex? HotO? What char can make best use of a HotO? Perhaps I will just
>keep it as two Guls and use it as trading fodder or transmute to Vex
>which is more valuable for trading. Anyone have any ideas?
>
>No Kaytie... this doesn't mean I've stolen your luck :-)
>
>Alan

One thing to add to the HotO discussion: The raven charges are in fact
very useful, as this little beasts blind the enemy, thus shutting down
ranged attackers. Very cheap to refill too. Its not as good as a nice
big DV from a friendly Necro, but still worth consideration, because
it can buy you time. And we all know, time equals survival in this
game. Among other things. Err right.

Lurking on,

Kai
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:10:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:14:04 +0100, Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

> In article <cddp11df86hs39jp7t22na5ti2543n8s9q@4ax.com>,
> Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Now if I can just find a druid pelt with +3 elemental and 3 sockets to
>>make Delirium with :-)
>
> Err, well, this is impossible. The +3 elemental mod is a magic prefix, and
> magic items can only get 2 sockets at the most. Even worse, runewords do
> not work in blue (magic) items.
>
> The best you can hope for is a nice 3 socket Druid Pelt with +3 to the 3
> skills you like most, and make Delirium in that. However, I think such a
> Druid hat is much, much, much more valueable than the Ist you need for
> making Delirium. ;) 

I found a normal one the other day with 3 sockets and +3 to Tornado,
and either +1 or +2 to volcano (I forget). I muled it away for
the above reason. However, it's Defense is only 20 something
since it is actually a normal level item. Since the trade
community is tremendously stupid about defense stats (saw someone the
other day offering an UM for a Homonculus with 200% ED and turning down
one with 199% ED), I doubt it has much trade value and I'm
willing to give it to somebody on SC West who has a use.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 5:05:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.02.23.18.10.43.248454@yahoo.com...
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:14:04 +0100, Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> I found a normal one the other day with 3 sockets and +3 to Tornado,
> and either +1 or +2 to volcano (I forget). I muled it away for
> the above reason. However, it's Defense is only 20 something
> since it is actually a normal level item. Since the trade
> community is tremendously stupid about defense stats (saw someone the
> other day offering an UM for a Homonculus with 200% ED and turning down
> one with 199% ED), I doubt it has much trade value and I'm
> willing to give it to somebody on SC West who has a use.

Basically, if it's not an elite or exceptional with +3 tornado AND +3
hurricane it's not worth much, if anything.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:15:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Alice wrote:

>
> Just like others said, Death (probably on Berserker Axe) looks like a
> nice weapon. HotO is a standard caster weapon, most commonly used by
> Cheerleaders. Other chars, such as sorcies have, IMO, better weapons
> than HotO (e.g. Death Fathom, Tal set, Oculus, and Eschuta's); necros
> have White, Leoric; trappers prefer double claws (don't they?).
>
Well, HotO is pretty popular for hammerdins, that's for sure. Not sure
there is something else that remotely compares runeword wise.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:16:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Alan Ladd wrote:

> But you can get the same +3 skills from an Earthshaker hammer. The max
> mana is unnecessary for a Windy especially if the merc uses Insight
> polearm. Replenish life is also unnecessary if you have the one point
> wonder vine. Huge resists are even more unnecessary for a Windy
> because their synergized Cyclone armor absorbs all elemental damage
> except for poison. Hmm it seems I'm finding more and more reasons not
> to make a HotO.
>

Alan, if you have a hammerdin, you want a HotO, hands down.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:18:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Alan Ladd wrote:

> Replace Occy with class specific weapon of choice :-) Earthshaker for
> Druid, White wand for necro, 2 claws with +3 to traps for the sin,
> spirit sword should be good enough for a hammerdin, etc.
>

Not really, Spirit sword is nice if its all you can afford, but HotO is
better all the way around, more FCR, more +skills, more resists, more
mana, etc.
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 10:07:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, LineNoise wrote:

>> With a few small exceptions, full Tal's set, or some Necro builds, it's the
>> best weapon you can equip for a caster. And it's *never* a bad choice for
>> *any* caster.
>>
>> And hey. If you get lucky and pull a perfect one, you can trade it for
>> some serious bank.

Put two of them on a warcry barb...
!