Sign in with
Your question

Counter Strike Source crashes with new build mid game!

Last response: in Video Games
January 6, 2008 5:42:27 PM

I just build my new build and when i play counter strike source it loads a game and with in like the first 2 minutes its freezes and skips real slow i let it do that for about 10. What could be wrong.
January 6, 2008 5:56:56 PM

do you mean the computer reboots? or the game crashes to desktop? or are you saying that your FPS suddenly drops....
January 9, 2008 9:25:54 AM

If the game freezes and you get a sound loop it could be low OS paged pool memory (not virtual memory).

I used to regularly enough have HL2, DoD and CS:S freeze with the sound looping and never knew why. Then I got TF2 and it was virtually unplayable cos it crapped out within a minute whereas the others were somewhat random.

Anyway after a bit of searching I found the problem was the Source engine can cause problems with the previously mentioned paged memory thing. I can't do much with the net at work but if this is the problem you're experiencing then run google search for low os paged pool memory. There is a registry edit you need to make and that may hopefully solve your prob (it did for me).
!