Counter Strike Source crashes with new build mid game!

I just build my new build and when i play counter strike source it loads a game and with in like the first 2 minutes its freezes and skips real slow i let it do that for about 10. What could be wrong.
2 answers Last reply
More about counter strike source crashes build game
  1. do you mean the computer reboots? or the game crashes to desktop? or are you saying that your FPS suddenly drops....
  2. If the game freezes and you get a sound loop it could be low OS paged pool memory (not virtual memory).

I used to regularly enough have HL2, DoD and CS:S freeze with the sound looping and never knew why. Then I got TF2 and it was virtually unplayable cos it crapped out within a minute whereas the others were somewhat random.

Anyway after a bit of searching I found the problem was the Source engine can cause problems with the previously mentioned paged memory thing. I can't do much with the net at work but if this is the problem you're experiencing then run google search for low os paged pool memory. There is a registry edit you need to make and that may hopefully solve your prob (it did for me).
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games New Build Video Games