Just finished downloading Windows XP Home critical updates, to find that I no
longer get pictures...instead I have little white boxes with coloured shapes
inside. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this happening again and how to
revert to pictures?
Thanks in anticipation.

Alisona wrote:
> Just finished downloading Windows XP Home critical updates, to find
> that I no longer get pictures...instead I have little white boxes
> with coloured shapes inside. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this
> happening again and how to revert to pictures?
> Thanks in anticipation.

Alisona

OK, I'll take the first guess. Outlook Express? Go to tools/Options/Security
tab and remove the check mark from the Block Images option.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP