jay

XP version 2001.

Hi,

In Win98, I could customize my desktop with a montage of pictures and
images. Also, I could customize folders with an image as the background.

I can't seem to do either of these things in XP. If they can still be done,
I'd really appreciate knowing how, please! (If not, why are these great
features no longer available?)

The other thing I find in XP is that to open a folder, instead of just
clicking on it ordinarily, I need to right mouse click and then select
"open." If I just click on a folder, the search wizard comes up.

Is there a way to disable this search wizard and have folders open with one
click?

Thanks for your help!

Jay.

Hi Jay,

Folder images are customizable on the last tab of the folder's properties.

You can add images to the desktop by going to display properties/desktop
tab, then clicking on customize desktop. Use the web tab.

See this from MVP Doug Knox to fix the search problem, it's very common:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/