Microphone input question

Mom just bought new computer with XP Home. Bought webcamera with built-in
microphone and headphones with microphone. She like video conferencing.
Headset for listening works, but microphone that is active is the built-in
one on the camera. In Volume Control panel (record properties) shows
microphone selected at half volume. How can I set it for her that the headset
microphone is the active microphone? Thanks.
Kevin

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:E4EF8115-F5F4-4620-85EB-6DEEC0BD54D2@microsoft.com:
> Mom just bought new computer with XP Home. Bought webcamera with
> built-in microphone and headphones with microphone. She like video
> conferencing. Headset for listening works, but microphone that is
> active is the built-in one on the camera. In Volume Control panel
> (record properties) shows microphone selected at half volume. How can
> I set it for her that the headset microphone is the active
> microphone? Thanks.
> Kevin

Run: mmsys.cpl (Sound applet)
Audio tab.