Desktop icons font colour... I want black!

September 16, 2004 5:45:28 PM

Hello,

I have been searching the Web and in Google Groups but haven't found a
solution, third-party or otherwise to this simple problem...

I have a wallpaper (bmp) which has a white base. This means I cant see the
icon labels very well as they are still white with shadow under. I
understand you cannot set the colour explicitly. I changed the desktop
colour to white and removed the wallpaper, and the text turned
black.Perfect, but... as soon as I enable the wallpaper again the text
returns to white with shadow (EVEN if I leave the desktop colour as white
"under" the wallpaper- it seems it cannot be forced?)

Whats the easiest way to get black text to stick with my white-based
wallpaper?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dan.
February 12, 2010 7:52:38 AM