pavilion 6730 sound card

What is a simple way to check the functioning of a sound card? I have a hp
pavilion 6730 and all audio except for playing cds has gone totally caput for
my pc.
8 answers Last reply
More about pavilion 6730 sound card

    hi,
    go to http://www.driverguide.com
    do a simple search for 4299vxd. these are drivers that work for a
    pavilion 6730 crystal audio card .
    hope this helps,
    terry

    ==============

    hi,
    i should have mentioned that you would need to register and then log
    in .
    the page that opens when you log in has a list of different searchs
    under the word drivers on the left margin .
    hope this helps,
    terry

    ==============

    >hi,
    >go to http://www.driverguide.com
    >do a simple search for 4299vxd. these are drivers that work for a
    >pavilion 6730 crystal audio card .

    How do I do a simple search for 4299vxd? I tried searching the list of drivers
    made available from the main page but this did not turn it up.

    Sorry to be a pest ..but,

    When I try to run the driverguide toolkit program after fully downloading i
    experience the windows errors,

    The c:\windows\desktop\dgt.exe file appears to be corrupt. Reinstall the file,
    and then try again. | Windows cannot run this program because it is in an
    invalid format.

    hi,
    i have had great results with belarc advisor available at
    http://www.belarc.com
    it is a utility that lists the hardware and software on your computer
    ..
    i suggested the 4299vxd.zip because it works on my pavilion 6730
    running 98se . do you have the recoverey disk set ? if not they are
    available at http://www.dewaldsr.com .
    hope this helps,
    terry

    ==============

    >hi,
    >i have had great results with belarc advisor available at
    >http://www.belarc.com
    >it is a utility that lists the hardware and software on your computer
    >.
    >i suggested the 4299vxd.zip because it works on my pavilion 6730
    >running 98se . do you have the recoverey disk set ? if not they are
    >available at http://www.dewaldsr.com .
    >hope this helps,
    >terry

    Would the recovery disk set help determine if my sound card was working..??...

    william,
    go to http://www.infohq.com/Computer/computer-sound-card-help.htm
    they have the instructions for testing your sound in windows and
    checking if the device is installed in device manager . most of the
    problems i have had with sound cards were driver related . i
    mentioned the recovery disks because they have all the original
    drivers as well as the software that came with your system when it
    was new .
    hope this helps,
    terry

    ==============

    >william,
    >go to http://www.infohq.com/Computer/computer-sound-card-help.htm
    >they have the instructions for testing your sound in windows and
    >checking if the device is installed in device manager . most of the
    >problems i have had with sound cards were driver related . i
    >mentioned the recovery disks because they have all the original
    >drivers as well as the software that came with your system when it
    >was new .

    I tried the link but as far as I know a sound card is installed from viewing
    device manager. Is this not the device listed as "crystal wdm audio codec"?

Hewlett Packard Pavilion Sound Cards Computers