Sign in with
Your question

GTA: san Andreas

Last response: in Video Games
January 10, 2008 6:18:38 PM

I used to have GTA andreas on the xbox , and since i lost it i had to buy it via steam on the pc, my problem is the controls. On the xbox i could lock onto my targets which made shooting so much easier , but now on the pc i cant seem to find it in controller options i just end up having to aim and shoot which sux tbh :( 
If any of you could possible help me somehow as to where i could find it , or if its just not on the pc version .
Thanks

More about : gta san andreas

January 10, 2008 6:28:43 PM

i'm pretty sure there was a keyboard button... because I bought San Andreas for my sister on xmas and that's all I played at my parent's place (the Dell can run Oblivion, but it's not great, but SA runs awesome). But I can't remember... Might want to try one of the gta forums..
January 10, 2008 9:16:27 PM

I think it was taken out of the PC version, it was still a control option in Vice City but it did nothing. I reckon they thought the PC was too hardcore for auto lock aiming. Still a much better game on pc anyway.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 12, 2008 11:21:12 AM

Hey man-I once spent all day looking for this exact solution for my GTA Vice City game. All you have to do is set your controller configuration to "Gamepad" rather than "Moue & Keyboard". It doesn't prevent you from using your mouse and keyboard-it just changes the mode to lock on rather than free aim.

I'm pretty sure that works in all GTA games-I haven't gotten around to installing SA on my new PC, so I can't try it out; reply back to say whether or not that worked :) 
January 12, 2008 12:00:31 PM

I played GTA San andreas till finish twice, you cant look targets on pc version, you have to use the mice, but on this kind of game on the pc its better to have a game controler as well like ps2 or xbox, i use the mice and keyboard when im on foot and e when im driving i use a XFX executioner controler, its like the ps2 controler. Have a look at GTA 4

CPU: Intel Core Duo E8650 @ 3Ghz
Graphic Card: GeForce 7950GT
Motherboard: EVGA 680i SLI
HDD: Wester Digital Raptor 74Gb 10.000Rpm
Ram: 2Gb Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700-LED Super Aero Flower
Sound: Creative Xfi Elite Pro
PSU: Enermax 600w
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf
Monitor: 22" Asus Widescreen

http://www.hardwarephile.com/
January 12, 2008 1:20:37 PM

i thought the e8000 weren't out yet? (im not keeping up as much anymore)
January 12, 2008 2:26:31 PM

spanner_razor said:
I think it was taken out of the PC version, it was still a control option in Vice City but it did nothing. I reckon they thought the PC was too hardcore for auto lock aiming. Still a much better game on pc anyway.

Even though Consoles get GTA games first these days Rockstar always do a great job of bringing it to the PC.
!