Call of duty 4

Weichelt

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
How is this game on PC? I've played the 360 version and think its pretty sweet. Is there an online portion of the pc game? can you play against others like Xbox live?

Thanks,
Bryan

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
It's pretty nice on PC. Don't play it if you're just in it for the singleplayer though. It's probably very similar to the 360 version.

I will say that the multiplayer version offers a lot of replayability through unlockables and different game modes, but I don't believe you can play against XBox live players. Pretty sure that's reserved for Windows "Live" games or something. (It requires a monthly sub. too)

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
that game rocks on PC, and you don't need a top rigg!

i can play it with high settings and still get 30fps (8600GT)
i love the multiplayer, it's fast and is awsome with the modifications you can add on your weapons! best deathmatch game i know! (free-for-all)
if you are a pc gamer, buy it for the multiplayer, the single player is the same has the 360 version

Pist

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007
You can't play vs xbox 360 users on the PC.
The console users wouldn't have a chance vs a person using keyboard and mouse.

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007

This is correct. A windows Live game and a windows Live gold account are needed to play crossplatform.

This is only offered on some games from Microsoft at the moment.

M0R0NI

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I have both versions and I must say that the PC version is much more fun and it is just because the keyboard and mouse are much easier to use. As far as the game is concerned, they are identical except for the fact on the XBox 360 version once you reach a level 55 you can start over where that is not available on the PC version. Both games are identical in the single player mode.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
I just finished the single player mode about 10 mintues ago, I just sat in my chair stunned.....what an amazing game. The multiplayers is hands down the best multi-shooter since CSS. Wow what a game, how did this not get GOTY anyone ?

LikesMacsToo

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
I think the single player for pc is excellent if not the BEST! I honestly can't compare multiplayer because I don't play it but I've read multiple times that multi is the best part and "very deep". I would vote GOTY.