NetServer LH Plus Raid configuration?

Greetings,

I have an HP NetServer LH Plus that I want to load a fresh
copy of NT 4.0 and reconfigure the hard drives.
I have a NetServer Navigator CD version G.01.20 that is happy
with the hardware.

The six drive bays hold
1,2,3,4 4GB drives
5,6 9GB drives

I would like to configure the drives as 2
RAID0 logical drives like this

Logical drive 1 1,2,3,4 (RAID0, no redundancy)
Logical drive 2 5,6 (RAID0, no redundancy)

When I boot the Navigator G.01.20 CD I get very confused.

1) If all drives 1-6 are installed, no configuration can be done
because the drives are not all the same size.
2) I drives 1-4 are installed and 5,6 are not I can configure the
1-4 RAID0. but then how can I configure 5,6?
3) I have to run hpda_clr.exe in order to do anything. I copied
this to a DOS boot floppy and run it from there. I have found no
way to run hpda_clr from Navigator.

I would appreciate advice from anyone familiar with this
vintage server. Advice to RTM is fine, but I have not found what
I need in the CD manual so far.

Craig H. Anderson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have an HP NetServer LH Plus that I want to load a fresh
> copy of NT 4.0 and reconfigure the hard drives.
> I have a NetServer Navigator CD version G.01.20 that is happy
> with the hardware.
>
> The six drive bays hold
> 1,2,3,4 4GB drives
> 5,6 9GB drives
>
> I would like to configure the drives as 2
> RAID0 logical drives like this
>
> Logical drive 1 1,2,3,4 (RAID0, no redundancy)
> Logical drive 2 5,6 (RAID0, no redundancy)
>
> When I boot the Navigator G.01.20 CD I get very confused.
>
> 1) If all drives 1-6 are installed, no configuration can be done
> because the drives are not all the same size.
> 2) I drives 1-4 are installed and 5,6 are not I can configure the
> 1-4 RAID0. but then how can I configure 5,6?
> 3) I have to run hpda_clr.exe in order to do anything. I copied
> this to a DOS boot floppy and run it from there. I have found no
> way to run hpda_clr from Navigator.
>
> I would appreciate advice from anyone familiar with this
> vintage server. Advice to RTM is fine, but I have not found what
> I need in the CD manual so far.

Well, I would do the set-up from the raid card bios. I believe
that is Ctl M while the raid card bios is up.

Basicly, you have to delete the old configuration and enter your
new one. Should work then.

JR

I see an HPDA sign on, but I haven't found a way to
get at any raid card bios.

I did find find bios,ecu and jetset floppy images
at HP and will try them out shortly.

Thanks for the response.