RF home water meters: potential for interference with wire..

AQUA Pennsylvania has announced that it will be installing RF water meters
for residential customers. In a letter dated 7/29/2004 sent out to
customers, the company writes, "We will be able to take readings simply by
driving by your property." Can these RF water meters interfere with WAP
units such as the Linksys WAP11?
Thanks
Timo

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:15:08 -0400, "Timo" <timo@anonymous.biz> wrote:

>AQUA Pennsylvania has announced that it will be installing RF water meters
>for residential customers. In a letter dated 7/29/2004 sent out to
>customers, the company writes, "We will be able to take readings simply by
>driving by your property." Can these RF water meters interfere with WAP
>units such as the Linksys WAP11?

Any idea who is the vendor of their wireless water meter? I doubt
that they're using 2.4GHz. Most of the ones I've seen run on
902-928Mhz FHSS. They also don't xmit unless interrogated. I don't
think there will be any interference to 2.4GHz.

# jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us

Thanks for the info. I'll try to find out who makes their RF meters.
Timo

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:15:08 -0400, "Timo" <timo@anonymous.biz> wrote:
>
> [...] Can these RF water meters interfere with WAP
> >units such as the Linksys WAP11?
>
> Any idea who is the vendor of their wireless water meter? I doubt
> that they're using 2.4GHz. Most of the ones I've seen run on
> 902-928Mhz FHSS. They also don't xmit unless interrogated. I don't
> think there will be any interference to 2.4GHz.
>

> --
> # Jeff Liebermann 150 Felker St #D Santa Cruz CA 95060
> # 831.336.2558 voice http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> # jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
> # 831.421.6491 digital_pager jeffl@cruzio.com AE6KS

The customer service rep didn't know anything specific about the equipment,
but told me that they had been instructed to assure customers that the RF
meter would not interfere with any existing RF devices.
Timo