Show Desktop icon

September 16, 2004 10:20:55 PM

I recently inherited my daughter's Gateway computer with
Windows XP. It does not have the Show Desktop icon. I
clicked on the Gateway help and it gave directions on how
to set up the icon shortcut again. Part of the
directions said to past the shortcut information into a
Windows file that does not seem to exist on this
computer. Can anyone help with this?

More about : show desktop icon

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 12:38:20 AM

Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
Toolbars > Quick Launch
The "Show Desktop" icon will appear on the left
side of the Taskbar.

Restore Missing Show Desktop Icon to Quick Launch
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm

[Courtesy of Doug Knox, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch