geoff

How can I update moviemaker to version 2 without installing SP2? I am still
very suspicious of all the problems being associated with SP2.
I can download SP2 as an exe file OK , but how can I then extract moviemaker
and install it? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can download MM2 on
it's own, although I somehow doubt this!!

Any ideas welcome.

Geoff.

klick hier and yoiu will download the mm2

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/dme/moviemaker.asp

"Geoff" <someone@somewhere.sometime> wrote in message
> How can I update moviemaker to version 2 without installing SP2? I am
> still
> very suspicious of all the problems being associated with SP2.
> I can download SP2 as an exe file OK , but how can I then extract
> moviemaker
> and install it? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can download MM2
> on
> it's own, although I somehow doubt this!!
>
> Any ideas welcome.
>
> Geoff.

Been running SP2 for a few weeks now. No problems. It even seems to run a
little better if I say so myself.

Hi

See if the following helps:

"Windows Movie Maker 2.1 Download"
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Geoff" <someone@somewhere.sometime> wrote in message
> How can I update moviemaker to version 2 without installing SP2? I am
> still
> very suspicious of all the problems being associated with SP2.
> I can download SP2 as an exe file OK , but how can I then extract
> moviemaker
> and install it? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can download MM2
> on
> it's own, although I somehow doubt this!!
>
> Any ideas welcome.
>
> Geoff.

geoff

Thanks, but this only installs it as part of a complete exe file including
SP2, which at this point, I don't want to install.
I was hoping that there was a way to install MM2 only.