Closed

Remove URL From History

When I type in www.usatoday.com in IE 6, it always goes to:
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/delays/fly-index.htm, a site
I visited months ago. Tools/Internet Options/Clear History doesn't
clear it and neither does the registry hack: HKEY_CURRENT__
USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURL's
(it doesn't appear on the list). Is there another way to remove
a URL from IE's autocomplete file?

Thanks!
Scott
1 answer Last reply
More about remove history

    System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet tracks
    and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
    clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
    Windows Temp Folder and much more.
    http://www.igorshpak.net/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Scott" wrote:

    | When I type in www.usatoday.com in IE 6, it always goes to:
    | http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/delays/fly-index.htm, a site
    | I visited months ago. Tools/Internet Options/Clear History doesn't
    | clear it and neither does the registry hack: HKEY_CURRENT__
    | USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURL's
    | (it doesn't appear on the list). Is there another way to remove
    | a URL from IE's autocomplete file?
    |
    | Thanks!
    | Scott

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP