Xbox controller for BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

newjack1

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2008
Hello. I have an xbox controller made for windows that I use for Battlefield 2. The trigger buttons are set as the Z axis and the right thumbstick won't allow me to look around like you would with the mouse. I have tried to change the settings but I won't allow me to configure the buttons like a joystick. Can anyone help me out? Anyonw eles have this problem??? Any help would be awesome!! Thanks.

tsd16

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Just a quick question....how can you even compete in BF2 playing with a controller?! Or any PC based fps for that matter? Have you ever tried using the keyboard and mouse to play an fps? It may seem akward at first, but you get perfect hand eye coordination for aiming and can set up all your other buttons in close proximity for your other items i.e. arrow keys number pad.

polarity

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2003
Controllers are fine for games where the game autoaims for you. BF2 requires that you can quickly hit enemies in the head (even against bots), something you won't have a hope in hell of doing with a controller. There is a reason there are seperate servers for consoles and PCs. PCs have much more accurate controls and any player on a PC could beat someone on a console. (I don't care how good you are on a console. Autoaim != skillz).

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002

Nice joke, made me laugh. Xbox Controller :lol:

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
i also think he needs it for flying. i really suck in that game with aircrafts!!!

it's a good idea to fly with xbox controller! and btw my pall does it with his joystick

tsd16

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Using it for flying is a good idea (especially in bf2) choppers are pretty easy with keyboard and mouse but the jets are a pain. Controlling the aircraft in bf2142 is much easier with mouse/keyboard combo than in bf2.

Status
Not open for further replies.