yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Hey all, i have a really weird issue on COD4. The game itself, runs REALLY nice on my pc (for its age, its 5 years old) but, when i look in certain directions on some levels, the game slows incredibly, (down to 1-2 fps from 50 -80) and i cant work out what is doing it, any help is greatly appeciated, i cant snipe at 2 fps :(

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
i'm totally skeptical.. fraps or it didn't happen.

I seriously doubt you have a dx9 card lol.. then again, that was around 5 years ago..

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Unless you have malware or you decided to run a Virus Scan while playing CoD, I don't think you would drop to 1-2 fps from 50-80. I also have to agree with the others about you not getting 50-80 FPS. (Unless you're running all low settings on 800x600, I don't think it's possible with a 5 year old rig)

I'm thinking you may go from 20-30 fps down to 5-10 when the action gets intense or your GPU / CPU can't keep up with the rendering.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

It's not really the same (COD4 vs Oblivion draw distance). In Oblivion images in the background are part of the 3D enviroment and need to me rendered accordingly- the same goes for Crysis. In games like COD4 and Bioshock backgrounds are just that, backgrounds and are 2D images which take much less rendering. Looking across the horizon in COD4 is more like looking straight up into the open sky in Oblivion.

Its still harder to render a pill of trees, buildings and solders then it is to render a open field with a few tree's

That is still draw distance....

Almost sounds as if the OP is on the outer edge of a map looking into a section with lots of stuff to render....