I am new to XP. Is the text size on web pages smaller in
XP than in W98? On many web pages, it seems very small,
especially on sidebars. I know you can increase the text
size under View, Text Size and I have had to increase the
size to at minimum Larger. But it still seems smaller
than on W98.
Also, I cannot get some windows, for example Free Cell,
or other games, to fill the screen. Is there some way to
do this, or should I just get new glasses? :)

Your issue may be related to your screen resolution as opposed to any
settings for the individual programs. Right-click an empty area of your
desktop and choose Properties from the list. Go to the Settings tab and
adjust the screen resolution to see if any settings there make it look like
you want. Those games that are installed by default in WinXP are designed
for specific low resolutions, so that's probably why you can't get them to
fill the screen currently (they only fill parts of my screen, even
maximized, as well, and my resolution is 1280x960).

"dottie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to XP. Is the text size on web pages smaller in
> XP than in W98? On many web pages, it seems very small,
> especially on sidebars. I know you can increase the text
> size under View, Text Size and I have had to increase the
> size to at minimum Larger. But it still seems smaller
> than on W98.
> Also, I cannot get some windows, for example Free Cell,
> or other games, to fill the screen. Is there some way to
> do this, or should I just get new glasses? :)

Hi,

There is another reason why this is happening.

In Internet explorer there is a functionality to adjust the size of the
fonts. It is found in View | Text Size, and there are 5 sizes to choose from.
I think that you have chosen the smallest size. Open the menu and adjust it
to Medium.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP