Rune Word Base Items

The "So I forged myself another Gul" thread is getting close to this
question:

What are some of the ideal base items for specific rune words? That's a
broad question I realize, so since I'm using a Summoner I'll start there. I
have the runes for "White", so it seems the ideal wand would be:
+3 Skeleton Mastery
+3 Skeleton or +3 Raise Skeleton
+3 CE (Who can resist adding this to the mix :)

A Bone necro might be +3 Bone Spear, +3 Bone Spirit +3 ??

And a follow up questions to that. Exactly how valuable are these base
items? It seems the ideal wand would be MUCH more valuable than the runes
going into it (especially in the case of White).

And finally, when rune hunting exclusively do you still remove MF gear?
It's been a while since I've heard the current status on that.

Rod

Rod Runnheim wrote:
> The "So I forged myself another Gul" thread is getting close to this
> question:
>
> What are some of the ideal base items for specific rune words?
That's a
> broad question I realize, so since I'm using a Summoner I'll start
there. I
> have the runes for "White", so it seems the ideal wand would be:
> +3 Skeleton Mastery
> +3 Skeleton or +3 Raise Skeleton
> +3 CE (Who can resist adding this to the mix :)
>
> A Bone necro might be +3 Bone Spear, +3 Bone Spirit +3 ??
>
> And a follow up questions to that. Exactly how valuable are these
base
> items? It seems the ideal wand would be MUCH more valuable than the
runes
> going into it (especially in the case of White).
>
> And finally, when rune hunting exclusively do you still remove MF
gear?
> It's been a while since I've heard the current status on that.

The wand you listed above is close to the one I had my bounty out for
in 1.09. I was offering 3-5 SOJs for one with 2 holes in it, and no one
collected it.

Mickey

Diane wrote:
> "Rod Runnheim" <rodr@lmcg.wisc.edu> wrote in
>
> > The "So I forged myself another Gul" thread is getting close to
this
> > question:
> >
> > What are some of the ideal base items for specific rune words?
> > That's a
> > broad question I realize, so since I'm using a Summoner I'll start
> > there. I have the runes for "White", so it seems the ideal wand
would
> > be:
> > +3 Skeleton Mastery
> > +3 Skeleton or +3 Raise Skeleton
> > +3 CE (Who can resist adding this to the mix :)
> >
> > A Bone necro might be +3 Bone Spear, +3 Bone Spirit +3 ??
>
> Probably CE. I find it invaluable.
>

> > And a follow up questions to that. Exactly how valuable are
these
> > base
> > items? It seems the ideal wand would be MUCH more valuable than
the
> > runes going into it (especially in the case of White).
>
> The question is, what is this wand you're describing?

He's referring to a base wand with 2 holes in it to make a White Wand
(the rune word, not the color of the item). For a meatgrinder necro,
there is simply no better weapon.

Mickey

"Rod Runnheim" <rodr@lmcg.wisc.edu> wrote in message

> A Bone necro might be +3 Bone Spear, +3 Bone Spirit +3 ??

+3 spear/+3 spirit/+3 teeth or bone armor.

> And a follow up questions to that. Exactly how valuable are these base
> items?

I saw one already made White with +3 spear/+3 spirit/+3 teeth going for 20
high runes once.

> Rod

One thing to take note of is the convenience of the Obedience
runeword for Act 2 merc weapons. An ethereal cryptic axe or
thresher will normally get 5 sockets from a socket quest and
the runes to make Obedience are all low, despite how powerful
it is:

30% Chance To Cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill An Enemy
40% Faster Hit Recovery
+370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
-25% To Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+200-300 Defense (varies)
+10 To Strength
+10 To Dexterity
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
Requirements -20%

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> One thing to take note of is the convenience of the Obedience
> runeword for Act 2 merc weapons. An ethereal cryptic axe or
> thresher will normally get 5 sockets from a socket quest and
> the runes to make Obedience are all low, despite how powerful
> it is:
>

> 30% Chance To Cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill An Enemy
> 40% Faster Hit Recovery
> +370% Enhanced Damage
> -25% Target Defense
> Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
> -25% To Enemy Fire Resistance
> 40% Chance of Crushing Blow
> +200-300 Defense (varies)
> +10 To Strength
> +10 To Dexterity
> All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
> Requirements -20%

I'm currently not on ladder. Will the ladder items remain valid on a
reset, or do they become junk?

Rod

Diane

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:06:42 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>> And a follow up questions to that. Exactly how valuable are these
>> base
>> items? It seems the ideal wand would be MUCH more valuable than the
>> runes going into it (especially in the case of White).
>
>The question is, what is this wand you're describing?
>
>Diane

Wand Runeword - Dol + Io. The stats are as follows:

Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
+10 To Vitality
+3 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
+2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
Magic Damage Reduced By 4
20% Faster Cast Rate
+13 To Mana

As you can see, the mods on it are just phenomenal especially for a
Boner.

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC

Hi,

"Rod Runnheim" <rodr@lmcg.wisc.edu> wrote in

> What are some of the ideal base items for specific rune words?
> That's a
> broad question I realize, so since I'm using a Summoner I'll start
> there. I have the runes for "White", so it seems the ideal wand would
> be:
> +3 Skeleton Mastery
> +3 Skeleton or +3 Raise Skeleton
> +3 CE (Who can resist adding this to the mix :)
>
> A Bone necro might be +3 Bone Spear, +3 Bone Spirit +3 ??

you can shop normal Drognan (Act2) for normal wands (I've done so for
some time), but I've never seen a 3/3/3 wand, not even looking for
specific mods. And if you shop with a char greater level 17, you'll
mostly see only blue/magic wands.

My pally likes his SPIRIT shield which already had a bunch of resists on
it. A barb will love a Delirium barb helmet with Battle Orders/Command on
it or some other barb skills.

Regards,

Oliver

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote

>On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:06:42 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
>wrote:
>

>>> And a follow up questions to that. Exactly how valuable are these
>>> base
>>> items? It seems the ideal wand would be MUCH more valuable than the
>>> runes going into it (especially in the case of White).
>>
>>The question is, what is this wand you're describing?
>>
>>Diane
>>>

>Wand Runeword - Dol + Io. The stats are as follows:
>
>Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
>+10 To Vitality
>+3 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
>+3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
>+2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
>+4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
>Magic Damage Reduced By 4
>20% Faster Cast Rate
>+13 To Mana
>
>As you can see, the mods on it are just phenomenal especially for a
>Boner.

Ok, there is no way I'm going to stick two runes into my "wand" because I'm
pretty sure it won't help me out in any way.
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:51:18 -0600, "Rod Runnheim"
<rodr@lmcg.wisc.edu> wrote:

>"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> One thing to take note of is the convenience of the Obedience
>> runeword for Act 2 merc weapons. An ethereal cryptic axe or
>> thresher will normally get 5 sockets from a socket quest and
>> the runes to make Obedience are all low, despite how powerful
>> it is:
>>

>> 30% Chance To Cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill An Enemy
>> 40% Faster Hit Recovery
>> +370% Enhanced Damage
>> -25% Target Defense
>> Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
>> -25% To Enemy Fire Resistance
>> 40% Chance of Crushing Blow
>> +200-300 Defense (varies)
>> +10 To Strength
>> +10 To Dexterity
>> All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
>> Requirements -20%
>>

> I'm currently not on ladder. Will the ladder items remain valid on a
>reset, or do they become junk?

They don't become junk. On the contrary, they become very popular and
expensive since some can only be made by ladder chars. The items keep
the mods even after the reset which is the more reason to create the
runewords before the ladder resets.

Alan
--

jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in

> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
> Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote

>>>The question is, what is this wand you're describing?
>>>
>>>Diane
>>>>

>>Wand Runeword - Dol + Io. The stats are as follows:
>>
>>Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
>>+10 To Vitality
>>+3 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
>>+3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
>>+2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
>>+4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
>>Magic Damage Reduced By 4
>>20% Faster Cast Rate
>>+13 To Mana
>>
>>As you can see, the mods on it are just phenomenal especially for a
>>Boner.
>
> Ok, there is no way I'm going to stick two runes into my "wand"
> because I'm pretty sure it won't help me out in any way.

Why?

Diane

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote

>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
>
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
>> Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote
>>
>>>Wand Runeword - Dol + Io. The stats are as follows:
>>>
>>>Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
>>>+10 To Vitality
>>>+3 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
>>>+3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
>>>+2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
>>>+4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
>>>Magic Damage Reduced By 4
>>>20% Faster Cast Rate
>>>+13 To Mana
>>>
>>>As you can see, the mods on it are just phenomenal especially for a
>>>Boner.
>>
>> Ok, there is no way I'm going to stick two runes into my "wand"
>> because I'm pretty sure it won't help me out in any way.
>
>Why?

Because it would hurt...
--

> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote
>
>>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
>>
>>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
>>> Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote

>>> Ok, there is no way I'm going to stick two runes into my "wand"
>>> because I'm pretty sure it won't help me out in any way.
>>
>>Why?
>
> Because it would hurt...

what's a little pain?

On 23-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

> >>As you can see, the mods on it are just phenomenal especially for a
> >>Boner.
> >
> > Ok, there is no way I'm going to stick two runes into my "wand"
> > because I'm pretty sure it won't help me out in any way.
>
> Why?
>
> Diane

LoL, err... Diane, see the very last word of what he was replying to.
Otherwise, in answer to your question, perhaps he is not the most handsome
male on the planet and sticking two runes into his 'wand' would not be worth
the pain involved. Ouchie, just contemplating sticking things into your
'wand' has me (and most other males here unless they are true masochists)
cringing.
--
Don't Panic!

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote

>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
>
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
>> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote
>>
>>>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in

>>>Why?
>>
>> Because it would hurt...
>
>what's a little pain?

There's a bunch of nerve ending down there.
--

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in

>> > Ok, there is no way I'm going to stick two runes into my "wand"
>> > because I'm pretty sure it won't help me out in any way.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Diane
>
> LoL, err... Diane, see the very last word of what he was replying to.
> Otherwise, in answer to your question, perhaps he is not the most
> handsome male on the planet and sticking two runes into his 'wand'
> would not be worth the pain involved. Ouchie, just contemplating
> sticking things into your 'wand' has me (and most other males here
> unless they are true masochists) cringing.

You guys are a piece of work I really must say. Honestly, women have
pain far beyond what he was indicating. Really now. Where is all that
macho maleness "these days"? I know. My old foggyism is showing again,
HA!!!! I happen to find the idea of a nicely runed "wand" rather
enticing.

Diane

> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote
>
>>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
>>
>>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
>>> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote

>>> Because it would hurt...
>>
>>what's a little pain?
>
> There's a bunch of nerve ending down there.

I doubt it. Ever hear the saying "no sense, no feeling"? It's most
appropo.

Diane wrote:
> "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in

> >> Why?
> >>
> >> Diane
> >
> > LoL, err... Diane, see the very last word of what he was replying
to.
> > Otherwise, in answer to your question, perhaps he is not the most
> > handsome male on the planet and sticking two runes into his 'wand'
> > would not be worth the pain involved. Ouchie, just contemplating
> > sticking things into your 'wand' has me (and most other males here
> > unless they are true masochists) cringing.
>
> You guys are a piece of work I really must say. Honestly, women have

> pain far beyond what he was indicating. Really now. Where is all
that
> macho maleness "these days"? I know. My old foggyism is showing
again,
> HA!!!! I happen to find the idea of a nicely runed "wand" rather
> enticing.

You sure you don't mean a nice RUINED wand?

Mickey

"Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
>
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
>> Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote

>>>Wand Runeword - Dol + Io. The stats are as follows:
>>>
>>>Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
>>>+10 To Vitality
>>>+3 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
>>>+3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
>>>+2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
>>>+4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
>>>Magic Damage Reduced By 4
>>>20% Faster Cast Rate
>>>+13 To Mana
>>>
>>>As you can see, the mods on it are just phenomenal especially for a
>>>Boner.
>>
>> Ok, there is no way I'm going to stick two runes into my "wand"
>> because I'm pretty sure it won't help me out in any way.
>
> Why?
>
> Diane
Have You see the size of those runes ?
Al

Diane

"Alsnews" <alsnews@westnet.com.au> wrote in news:421d43a0
@quokka.wn.com.au:

> "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
>>
>>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
>>> Alan Ladd <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote

>>> Ok, there is no way I'm going to stick two runes into my "wand"
>>> because I'm pretty sure it won't help me out in any way.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Diane
> Have You see the size of those runes ?
> Al

Yep, I have. Don't worry, they're not too ostentatious, unless the
"wand" is very small. On the larger "wands" two runes would look great.

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109268888.538866.117640
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Diane wrote:
> >> "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in

> > for a

> > to.
> >>
> >> You guys are a piece of work I really must say. Honestly, women
have

> >> pain far beyond what he was indicating. Really now. Where is all
> > that
> >> macho maleness "these days"? I know. My old foggyism is showing
> > again,
> >> HA!!!! I happen to find the idea of a nicely runed "wand" rather
> >> enticing.
> >
> > You sure you don't mean a nice RUINED wand?
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> Why ruined? How about "bejeweled?"

or be-family-jeweled?

Mickey

Diane

On 24-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

> >> HA!!!! I happen to find the idea of a nicely runed "wand" rather
> >> enticing.
> >
> > You sure you don't mean a nice RUINED wand?
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> Why ruined? How about "bejeweled?"

Bzzzt - 2 demerits - Off Topic - non-Diablo game mentioned, lol.
--
Don't Panic!