Office Suites

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have 5 of them: MS-97, MS-2000, MS-XP, MS-2003 and OS-OpenOffice. If you can get it for "cheap" MS is better, but the OpenOffice.org will do what you need for "cheaper" (that if you don't need Access, if you do, mySQL and Command Center will do the almost same)

PS: I use ... mostly.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Well, it's at least partly a matter of taste, but since I'm a software reviewer by trade and I have, let's see, 4 versions of Office and all the other three you mentioned on hand, I can tell you that I'd pick 602PC Suite. It's the only free one I use outside of Office. It has the best features combined with a good user interface, and a clear upgrade path if your needs expand in the future to include multiple users or a commercial environment.

But, in the end, it's still about which one you like best, since those three are all free. Go try each and then use it.

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
why would some body spend 29.95 on stuffz that can be done in OpenOffice.org for free and with more programs/features?

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Why would you assume that 602PC Suite is $29.95? It's FREE for up to three computers. And I think I explained pretty clearly that the features and good user interface make a big difference, to me.

Of course someone who uses words like 'stuffz' may not be able to read all that well, so tell me what words you're having trouble with and I'll try to help you out.

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have no trouble with any wordzes, you have, and it is 29.95 for "all" featured version of 602 (used yer link by the way;) caz "free" version is nothing but word and spreadshit processerz, which can be found on the net fer free in separate modules with "better" user interface and free spellchecking by the way.

TRENDING THREADS