How much protection does firefox's No Script add-on give?

I went to a site (don't want to post link because it might be a dangerous website), and although I'm not sure, I feel that it may be a website that tries to install something malicious onto your computer. Does anyone here know enough about what type of protection no-script gives, and if it would be enough to protect me from anything the website would have tried to install onto my computer? I tried installing MSE (saw people talking about it from this forum), and it said that it didn't find any threats. If I had become infected with a virus or keylogger, would it have been found out?

Thanks for the help!
4 answers Last reply
More about protection firefox script give
  1. try malwarebytes, its really good at finding viruses
  2. Run malwarebytes in safe mode with networking to check for malware.

NoScript is a pretty good add-on. It disables all background scripts from running, unless you allow them. I actually found it to be a pain, because it blocks SO much from running. Rest assured, it'll keep malicious scripts from running.

Having a good antivirus software (Avast, Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avira) installed and running is very important. That software can run in conjunction with NoScript, as NoScript isn't a stand alone antivirus software.
  3. I won't go so far as to say that NoScript will prevent all malicious web pages from harming you - but it will certainly stop a lot of them. It doesn't just disable scripts, it also disables flash, pdf, clickjacking, cross-site scripting, and a slew of other infiltration routes.

I like it because it uses a "whitelist" approach - don't allow any sites unless I say it's safe. I also like it because it's very easy to add sites to the whitelist without having to burrow down into tools / options / security / etc. settings.
  4. The NoScript Firefox extension provides extra protection for Firefox, Flock, Seamonkey and other mozilla-based browsers: this free, open source add-on allows JavaScript, Java and Flash and other plugins to be executed only by trusted web sites of your choice, and provides the most powerful Anti-XSS protection available in a browser.

NoScript's unique whitelist based pre-emptive script blocking approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities with no loss of functionality.
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Computers Firefox Windows 7