New Gigabyte GA-8PE667 won't POST

Random_Guy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2002
I just got this mobo along with a P4 2.4B, GF4 Ti 4200, and a stick of 256M PC-2700 (Corsair). On the first power on, it shut off after a few seconds. Since then, it just gives continuous beeps. It has power - fans on CPU, case, and GF4 all spin, lights on CD ROMs lit up, etc. It's not shorting to case. There aren't any DIP switches or jumpers for me to set. There's not even a jumper to clear CMOS on this board. I tried disconnecting everything nonessential and reseating memory and got the same constant beeps.

Bad memory? Bad board?

leedz

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2002
The continuous beeps show the problem may cause by power supply, memory or cpu.Try to reset everything especially power supply, memory and cpu.When you reseating memory,try to use another DIMM slot.

Random_Guy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2002
It was bad memory. It booted right up when I got a new stick.

Only problem now is one of my CD drives stopped working when I installed the Intel Application Accelerator. It was the one I just installed the OS and everything with, so it was working just before that. Sometimes it shows up in the drive list in system and it says device working properly, and sometimes it disappears completely, but either way it won't read a CD.