Is it possible to import programs from one operating syste..

please take note!! I am new user. I have a Dell computer and it was repaired
due to missing component. Technician cleared my hard drive and I was able to
install most of my programs. He installed Office 2000 and it is operating ok.
After that I upgraded from Microsoft OS 98 SE to Microsoft OS XP. I don't
have the disk for Office 2000. I would like to know if there is anyway to
install Office Works from my old operating system to my new one? My ISP is
Sbc Yahoo and the program is still on there, but I can't retreive it. Is
there a way to work it from Sbc Yahoo? I hope you can understand what I am
speaking about. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

In order to install Office, you need the installation media. You can't just
copy the program from one installation to another.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Fawn" <Fawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please take note!! I am new user. I have a Dell computer and it was
> repaired
> due to missing component. Technician cleared my hard drive and I was able
> install most of my programs. He installed Office 2000 and it is operating
> ok.
> After that I upgraded from Microsoft OS 98 SE to Microsoft OS XP. I don't
> have the disk for Office 2000. I would like to know if there is anyway to
> install Office Works from my old operating system to my new one? My ISP
> is
> Sbc Yahoo and the program is still on there, but I can't retreive it. Is
> there a way to work it from Sbc Yahoo? I hope you can understand what I
> am
> speaking about. Thank you in advance.

That goes for Works too.
> Hi,
>
> In order to install Office, you need the installation media. You can't
just
> copy the program from one installation to another.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Fawn" <Fawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > please take note!! I am new user. I have a Dell computer and it was
> > repaired
> > due to missing component. Technician cleared my hard drive and I was
able
> > install most of my programs. He installed Office 2000 and it is
operating
> > ok.
> > After that I upgraded from Microsoft OS 98 SE to Microsoft OS XP. I
don't
> > have the disk for Office 2000. I would like to know if there is anyway
> > install Office Works from my old operating system to my new one? My ISP
> > is
> > Sbc Yahoo and the program is still on there, but I can't retreive it. Is
> > there a way to work it from Sbc Yahoo? I hope you can understand what I
> > am
> > speaking about. Thank you in advance.

hi Rick, thanks of info. I thought that might be too good
to be true. I'll be asking again, I'm sure

Thank you also for the info. appreciated it. now I can
stop trying.* oh I do have another post. could I still
use the works or word OS in WIN 98 SE since I upgraded to
WIN XP? I guess that's the same thing, huh?