Migrating files from Win98 to XP

Just got a new pc with XP and need to move digital pics to the new one. The
old pc runs Win 98 (first edition, NOT SE) and doesnt have a cd burner.
My plan was to save the digital pics and a few other files from My Docs to
my Jumpdrive and move them that way. However, I found out only 98 SE
supports flash drives. How/where can I get the 98 SE upgrade cd??
I tried Windows Update but dont find the service pack.
Any ideas??
Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about migrating files win98

    Hi,

    For the Win98SE Upgrade CD, you'd have to haunt auction sites. It hasn't
    been available in over a year.

    You would be better off networking the machines together with a hub or
    crossover cable.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "McKISS" <McKISS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Just got a new pc with XP and need to move digital pics to the new one.
    > The
    > old pc runs Win 98 (first edition, NOT SE) and doesnt have a cd burner.
    > My plan was to save the digital pics and a few other files from My Docs to
    > my Jumpdrive and move them that way. However, I found out only 98 SE
    > supports flash drives. How/where can I get the 98 SE upgrade cd??
    > I tried Windows Update but dont find the service pack.
    > Any ideas??
    > Thanks!

CD-Rom Windows XP