hak

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2002

I am getting numerous error messages while on line. A Runtime Error has
occurred. Do you want to debug? It gives the line and then says Error
expected. When I reply, I choose continue and nothing happens. However,
choosing break brings me into language I do not understand. Is there a way to
stop these errors?

Hi,

Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced tab

Enable (check) the line: "Disable script debugging"
Disable (uncheck) the line: "Display a notification about every script
error"

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"HaK" <yourname@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am getting numerous error messages while on line. A Runtime Error has
> occurred. Do you want to debug? It gives the line and then says Error
> expected. When I reply, I choose continue and nothing happens. However,
> choosing break brings me into language I do not understand. Is there a way
> stop these errors?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

if you find out hak please let me know im having the same exact problem!

"jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> if you find out hak please let me know im having the same exact
> problem!
>
> "HaK" wrote:
>
>> I am getting numerous error messages while on line. A Runtime Error
>> has occurred. Do you want to debug? It gives the line and then says
>> Error expected. When I reply, I choose continue and nothing happens.
>> However, choosing break brings me into language I do not understand.
>> Is there a way to stop these errors?

Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
Check the box to Disable script debugging.
Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142) - Win XP

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28001169
or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

(WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

These messages are useful if you are a web developer. To stop seeing them:
Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab >
place a checkmark in 'Disable script debugging' and remove the checkmark
from 'Display a notification about every script error'.
--
Ted Zieglar

"jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> if you find out hak please let me know im having the same exact problem!
>
> "HaK" wrote:
>
> > I am getting numerous error messages while on line. A Runtime Error has
> > occurred. Do you want to debug? It gives the line and then says Error
> > expected. When I reply, I choose continue and nothing happens. However,
> > choosing break brings me into language I do not understand. Is there a
way to
> > stop these errors?

TRENDING THREADS