Consoles... just a thought

mrmez

Splendid
Just saw a thread about a game being made by Sony which would only be released on the PS3.
At first i thought DUH!!! Why would Sony want to lose out by people not using its own console.

But then i thought... as is the case, most console manufacturers actually lose money on every console they sell, making the money back on games and accessories... right?

So if u make the big money by selling games. And its only (mostly) a little extra work (if u plan it in advance) to port a game... why arent Sony doing this?

Seems the big players like EA etc have figured it out.

Snacks for thought :kaola:

So that people won't say "Okay, I'll just wait until it comes out for the PC instead of buying a PS3."

Those people who really, really want to play that particular game will by a PS3, thus increasing the customer base. Of course, there's always a chance this strategy will backfire and Sony will end up making less money.

Personally, I don't really care since the types of games I wanna play (strategy mostly) are only released for the PC. The only exception would probably be the Wii which is fun for groups of people and is also a good way to squeeze in some extra time for some exercise.