Sharing Favorites Folders

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I am trying to set up a shared favorites folder under "all users" (on a
single home computer running XPPRO) to allow anyone to access a common set of
favorites . At the same time, I wan each user to be able to manage there own
set of private favorites under there own accounts.

Is there any way I can do this and have the 2 folders merge in IE explorer
in rather the same way that desktop merges the shortcuts from "all users" and
from the individual user's accounts.

I have tried the following...
--TweakUI, but this seems to only allow re-directing to a single shared
folder without the merging of 2 folders.
--Setting up the favorites under thew "all users" durectory in "documents &
Settings" but then it is not accessib;e by the users.

Rick,

This is not possible, as David stated.

Establish a common Links Folder by redirecting the Links folder path in
Windows XP:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/linkshare.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am trying to set up a shared favorites folder under "all users" (on a
single home computer running XPPRO) to allow anyone to access a common set
of
favorites . At the same time, I wan each user to be able to manage there own
set of private favorites under there own accounts.

Is there any way I can do this and have the 2 folders merge in IE explorer
in rather the same way that desktop merges the shortcuts from "all users"
and
from the individual user's accounts.

I have tried the following...
--TweakUI, but this seems to only allow re-directing to a single shared
folder without the merging of 2 folders.
--Setting up the favorites under thew "all users" durectory in "documents &
Settings" but then it is not accessib;e by the users.

No

http://www.uscricket.com