SP2 - Mailwasher

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I use Mailwasher to sort out my spam and filtered mails. Since loading SP2
it no longer automatically accepts e-mails - I have to press the button - it
then gives a message to say " Skipped Automatic Mail Check as there is no
Internet Connection" - I am on Broadband NTL Cable.

I used to have it automatically download and play a sound when an e-mail
arrived
--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Hi John

I'm running Mailwasher 4.1 Pro with 4 accounts - including two NTL ones -
without any problems. Have you checked to see that the settings in
Mailwasher havebn't somehow changed? Make sure that
Tools>Options>Connection isn't set to use a Proxy Server.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

wrote in news:Oxv3PLjnEHA.1800@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
> I use Mailwasher to sort out my spam and filtered mails. Since
> press the button - it then gives a message to say " Skipped Automatic
> Mail Check as there is no Internet Connection" - I am on Broadband
> NTL Cable.
> I used to have it automatically download and play a sound when an
> e-mail arrived

The install of SP-2 enables the Windows Firewall by default. Were you
using the firewall before? Are you using a 3rd party firewall? Do you
use a firewall at all?

I run Mailwasher with several accounts and have had no problems since SP2,
have you checked all the configurations to make sure nothing was changed,
although mine wasn't changed after the install.
Joan

John wrote:
> I use Mailwasher to sort out my spam and filtered mails. Since
> press the button - it then gives a message to say " Skipped Automatic
> Mail Check as there is no Internet Connection" - I am on Broadband
> NTL Cable.
> I used to have it automatically download and play a sound when an
> e-mail arrived

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I am now using the recommended setting - previously I was using the firewall

--

Regards

John

wrote in news:O7sSCltnEHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
> I am now using the recommended setting - previously I was using the
> firewall

Recommended setting? And that is? Recommended by whom?

So you were using the ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) from before,
and you are now using the Windows Firewall (after the SP-2 install)?
What happens when you temporarily disable the Windows Firewall (i.e.,
turn it off)? Does Mailwasher then work okay?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Tried it - it made no difference. Perhaps changes to the NTL service are an
issue. At the same time as SP2 was launched NTL upped the speed of its
service.