Project Offset - any news?

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I've been looking foward to this particular game/project for some time now.
Here's the link: www.projectoffset.com/

I think it's amazing how only 3 people can come up with a next-gen engine originaly created about 3 years ago. A few videos were leaked on the internet and from there the response ended up being more than they anticipated...most excellent.

For those who are not familiar with Project Offset, it's a first-person shooter set in a fantasy setting. Fantasy creatures and beings including dragons, dwarves, goblins and trolls, etc. Project Offset will also include a multiplayer portion. Some of the multiplayer aspects may include cooperation (players must work together to build castle walls and reinforcements) and the summoning of creatures, such as dragons.

Last I heard of it, it still hadn't been picked up by any publishers. What is EA or others waiting for???

****EDITED****
Here's a video if you want to see a quick preview of the project:
[flash=480,392]http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=22923[/flash]

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
No news. Last I heard, they were doing the port to the 360, and talking to publishers. I imagine testing/tuning, maps, and creatives must be a huge load on such a small team.

We actually just put up a trailer to the sequel of their previous work, Savage 2, which looks interesting enough to follow as well.

I think it's too early to say anything about Project Offset, but everything I've seen from them looks good.

beurling

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Uh, you should just forget about it until like 2010 when they might be ready to release a Beta. Until then you're just going to get excited over nothing for a long time... Not to mention it has absolutely stunning high definition graphics that put Crysis to shame, which in turn puts our hardware to shame.... I am looking forward to it as well, but I try to forget about it so I don't go crazy.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I added a video for you guys to take a quick look at.

If EA or Ubisoft ended up picking this game they could increase staff and they would complete the whole project a lot quicker. I can see EA being the perfect fit for this one (for some reason). Or, if the game ends up being huge on multiplayer...then perhaps Blizzard?!! Wouldn't that be something? lol

Anyways, I guess we could always wait for some other big break in gaming. I thought Crysis was a good start with the awesome visuals and shaders.