icon on desktop

Goodmorning, I have had WindowXP installed on my computer
and have just read the Introduction and it shows the
shortcut Icon please can one tell me how to do that
without calling a computer programer? Thank you so much
3 answers Last reply
More about icon desktop

    Not sure what you are asking... What do you want to do?

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "swarner38" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Goodmorning, I have had WindowXP installed on my computer
    > and have just read the Introduction and it shows the
    > shortcut Icon please can one tell me how to do that
    > without calling a computer programer? Thank you so much

    Hi hope you can help! I think I have deleted my recycle bin. I was using
    the desktop icon cleanup and now my bin is gone! Any ideas how to get it
    back?

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:15:02 -0700, kim duarte wrote:

    > Hi hope you can help! I think I have deleted my recycle bin. I was using
    > the desktop icon cleanup and now my bin is gone! Any ideas how to get it
    > back?

    Try right clicking on the desktop and selecting Arrange Icons By.... In the
    section towards the bottom of the Arrange Icons By list, you'll see "Show
    Desktop Icons." If there is no check next to this item, click on it to add
    one. Then look to see if the Recycle Bin has returned.

    If no luck, the Bin may have been dragged off the screen and out of sight.
    Try one of the Arrange By choices to "rope" the icon back into view.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Desktops Microsoft Computers Windows XP