Download Utility

Does Windows XP Home Edition have a feature that will
allow interrupted file downloads from the internet to be
resumed at the point where interruption occurred? I have
heard that this is possible but no details were given.

Any help or input will be most appreciated.

"John C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Windows XP Home Edition have a feature that will
> allow interrupted file downloads from the internet to be
> resumed at the point where interruption occurred? I have
> heard that this is possible but no details were given.
>
> Any help or input will be most appreciated.

Not built in, but there are many third party Download Managers available -
just use your favourite search engine to locate them

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:35:14 -0700, John C wrote:

> Does Windows XP Home Edition have a feature that will
> allow interrupted file downloads from the internet to be
> resumed at the point where interruption occurred? I have
> heard that this is possible but no details were given.
>
> Any help or input will be most appreciated.

The new BITS update interacts with the Windows Update site and the SP2
download in this manner. I do not know if Microsoft plans to implement this
functionality for future downloads from their Update site or not.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

TRENDING THREADS