Looking for a budget computer solution C2D, C2Q or PII

Status
Not open for further replies.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I've decided to skip i7 and i5's going straight to either Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge cores with pcie3 sata3 ddr3 and usb3, so right now I'm looking for a low cost solution for a computer while I wait. Two computers aren't enough for me to share with my parents anymore.

Right now, I'm looking for any Core 2 quad or core 2 duo or phenom II computer, preferably a phenom 720 if I go down the AMD route. I've got a 400cx psu, so basically I need everything in a computer (cpu, ram, hdd, video) except the psu. Unless someone can sell me a monstrous video card (more than gts250 or hd4770) taking more than 30amps on +12v, I won't need another psu. If you also happen to have an Antec 300/900 by any chance, I may take it as well, depending it's condition and extra fees to shipping.

I'm in Toronto, Canada, so that's where the shipment would go to. If you have any of these that you are willing to sell to me, please PM me with
-exactly which parts (with exact model #) you are willing to sell
-their condition (used, new, open box, defective, error during stess test, etc.)
-how much $$$ you are asking for
-and how much shipping would cost from your location. Please make sure that the cost of shipping doesn't completely defeat the point of buying 2nd hand, eg DVD drive $20, shipping $10...

Thanks.

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009

I actually just built a complete x3 720be build with a 4870 1gb and do not need it. I have it on ebay right now but I can take it down if you want it. Here are the specs:
CPU: AMD x3 720 BE 2.8GHZ **
MOBO:MA790GP-UD4H **
RAM: G.SKILL PI BLACK DDR2 800 2X2GB **
HDD: WD CAVIAR BLACK 640GB **
PSU: CORSAIR 750TX 750W **
GPU: SAPPHIRE 4870 1GB **
CASE: ANTEC P182 **
CPU COOLER: ThermalTake TR2-R1 **
DRIVE: LG BLACK 22X DVD-RW/CD-RW Combo Drive **
COMPOUND: ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 THERMAL COMPOUND **
SOUND CARD: HT Omega Striker 7.1

I am asking $1000USD for it but if you don't need a few of the parts I can bring the price down and take them out. Just let me know if you are interested. I am willing to negotiate.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Ok I don't need sound card and the OS for sure. Could PM me with the price of individual parts?Just so I know what's making this thing stand at $1000... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.