GTA IV on April 29

exfileme

Splendid
Rockstar and Take Two just released the official PR stating that Grand Theft Auto IV is hitting the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on April 29. Here's the official love, short and sweet:
Rockstar Games Announces Release Date for Grand Theft Auto IV

Next-generation Console Debut of the Grand Theft Auto Franchise Set for April 29, 2008

NEW YORK --(Business Wire)-- Jan. 24, 2008 Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce the release date for Grand Theft Auto IV, the new title in the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system and will be in stores worldwide on April 29, 2008.

"We are so excited to be releasing Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games. "We've pushed ourselves very hard to make something incredible and hope the game sets a new benchmark for interactive entertainment."

exfileme

Splendid
See? You should stop playing with your little mouse and get a hold of one of those big next-gen guns like the Nintendo Phallus -erm I mean "Remote"- and/or the Xbox 360 controller (although GTA IV isn't on the Wii in April -if ever- I just like to grip its input device) :ange:

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Meh. GTA IV will come out the for PC there’s no worries on that front, historically Rockstar always take there time in porting GTA games to the PC. I’m guessing the reason is two fold; firstly they want to keep the game exclusive to as fewer platforms as possible to cut down on development time and start bringing revenue. Secondly the Rockstar’s PC ports are the finest console to PC ports, I’ve never played a GTA game that ‘felt’ like a console clone. I’m happy to wait a bit longer for the game to optimised for the PC.

TRENDING THREADS