recovering disk space

I would like to know if I can safely delete all the unwanted, old uninstall
files that are residing in my windows folder. I really need more drive space,
and from the way the windows folder looks, all the old hotfix/uninstall files
are really taking up a huge chunk.

Can I safely delete these files, and if so, what is the proper method? When
I look at the add/remove list, I see a lot of hotfix's listed, but I would
think that by remvoving them there I would remove the fix. I don't want that,
I just want to be rid of the old uninstall and backup files.
1 answer Last reply
More about recovering disk space

    Deleteing program files and/or hotfixes for disk space is not the way to
    go...
    Purchasing a larger hd then use current as slave is what you should be doing,
    if thats not an option right now,to create more disk space,go to search at
    microsoft,type:307889 This article gives examples on how to increase size
    on a small drive.

    "In Need of Space" wrote:

    > I would like to know if I can safely delete all the unwanted, old uninstall
    > files that are residing in my windows folder. I really need more drive space,
    > and from the way the windows folder looks, all the old hotfix/uninstall files
    > are really taking up a huge chunk.
    >
    > Can I safely delete these files, and if so, what is the proper method? When
    > I look at the add/remove list, I see a lot of hotfix's listed, but I would
    > think that by remvoving them there I would remove the fix. I don't want that,
    > I just want to be rid of the old uninstall and backup files.

Disk Space Microsoft Windows XP