recovering disk space

September 19, 2004 1:43:07 PM

I would like to know if I can safely delete all the unwanted, old uninstall
files that are residing in my windows folder. I really need more drive space,
and from the way the windows folder looks, all the old hotfix/uninstall files
are really taking up a huge chunk.

Can I safely delete these files, and if so, what is the proper method? When
I look at the add/remove list, I see a lot of hotfix's listed, but I would
think that by remvoving them there I would remove the fix. I don't want that,
I just want to be rid of the old uninstall and backup files.

More about : recovering disk space

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 2:25:04 PM

Deleteing program files and/or hotfixes for disk space is not the way to
go...
Purchasing a larger hd then use current as slave is what you should be doing,
if thats not an option right now,to create more disk space,go to search at
microsoft,type:307889 This article gives examples on how to increase size
on a small drive.