User Profiling help

diabloterrorgf

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2004

How do I give selected users the ability to install programs without making
them Admins? In the wizard on XP, the only levels for users are User and
Admin, but in compmgmt Power Users, etc. are there. I've tried changing the
users to Power Users, but it still wont let me install applications.

Second, on the few things I can install, on the user or power user accounts,
effects everyone, I thought only admin can install things on everyone
accounts...

Hi,

The power user should allow installations. No account can guarantee that a
program will be available to all users, it depends on the program itself.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone